LPG wall oven for cabinet install

Stove, cooktop, refrigerator, microwave, icemaker, etc.
chuckster

LPG wall oven for cabinet install

Post by chuckster »

Was considering installing a 2.3 cu ft LPG propane oven that is likely made for a mobile home or a home off-grid but was wondering if that 8,500 BTU monster would be too much for having it on the same supply line as my LPG cooktop. I could just hear my wife now trying to stay warm with the LPG heater, frying something on the cooktop and wanting to cook a pie in the oven.

Thoughts on capacity of the system to carry that kind of load?
Chuck & Mitzi
'01 Safari Zanzibar 3646 (side entry)
Cat 3126B / Allison MD3060
Magnum M-Series "Blue Max" chassis
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland toad
TDJohn

Re: LPG wall oven for cabinet install

Post by TDJohn »

I don't know the capacity of the system, but the gas regulator might state the capacity on there. Also you probably could do an internet search on what flow capacity your size propane lines are able to carry. I know of two Safari members who installed ovens in their coaches, instead of just the cook tops, and have not heard of them having any issues.
John
'95 Serengeti, Cummins C8.3-300
Allison 6spd.
chuckster

Post by chuckster »

I ended up scuttling the oven idea and went with a RecPro 1.1 cu. ft. convection microwave to replace the old microwave.
Chuck & Mitzi
TDJohn

Post by TDJohn »

Was your old microwave a microwave only, or a microwave and convection oven?
John
'95 Serengeti, Cummins C8.3-300
Allison 6spd.
chuckster

Post by chuckster »

Hi John,

The old microwave was probably a replacement of the first one and was also convection that had a manufacturer date 2010. It was giving us issues before I began the renovation. At the “urging” of my better half, I replaced it. :lol:

That, in itself, was an adventure. Because I went with a larger cooktop and high BTU capacity with iron grates that were an inch and a half tall, the quest was either a tiny microwave above the cooktop (so that it was far enough above the heat) and a stove under the cooktop. Doing some measuring, we were not thrilled about losing 2 drawers under the cooktop to do it plus I was nervous being able to run an oven and a cooktop at the same time with both being larger BTU units. That, and if we wanted the heater running, well, I was just plain reluctant to chance it. Because we had already installed new quartz countertops, there was no yanking the new cooktop and putting in a combination cooktop and stove. Soooooo….performing some measurements proved that we weren’t going to find a convection microwave that would fit over the cooktop and give the safe space needed between the cooktop and the bottom of the convection microwave. We determined to put it in the upper cabinet to the right of the cooktop and then build a very small 8” cabinet above the cooktop where we could store plates and coffee cups. I am putting a false bottom under the new cabinet with a couple of 12V Acegoo puck lights wired into the same switch circuit that operates the under cabinet puck lights that light up the countertop to provide light to the cooktop.

I will post some pictures pretty soon as I am nearing the end of the renovation and need to do a little more painting. I went with an eggshell sheen and already wishing I’d had used a semi gloss finish. Oh well. Maybe next winter. :|
Chuck & Mitzi