Refrigerator not working

Stove, cooktop, refrigerator, microwave, icemaker, etc.
TDJohn

Re: Refrigerator not working

Post by TDJohn »

That is the exact symptom the fellow Zanzibar owner had, no power to the vent fans and no power to refrigerator. He had a hell of a time finding it. I will try to get a hold of him, but I doubt he would remember. Try checking fuses in the engine compartment, behind the bedroom TV, backside of the water heater, meaning from the inside of the coach, and in the battery compartment. It will likely be an inline fuse. I will try to make contact and see if I can get him to rack his brain memory.
John
'95 Serengeti, Cummins C8.3-300
Allison 6spd.
chuckster

Post by chuckster »

TDJohn wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:41 pm That is the exact symptom the fellow Zanzibar owner had, no power to the vent fans and no power to refrigerator. He had a hell of a time finding it. I will try to get a hold of him, but I doubt he would remember. Try checking fuses in the engine compartment, behind the bedroom TV, backside of the water heater, meaning from the inside of the coach, and in the battery compartment. It will likely be an inline fuse. I will try to make contact and see if I can get him to rack his brain memory.
Ugh. Well, at least it sounds like a fuse somewhere. Thanks for the guidance.
Chuck & Mitzi
'01 Safari Zanzibar 3646 (side entry)
Cat 3126B / Allison MD3060
Magnum M-Series "Blue Max" chassis
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland toad
TDJohn

Post by TDJohn »

Ok, I managed to get a hold of the fella. I will preface this, that your coach might not be the same as his was, but for your sake, hopefully it will be. He said that the fuse is located on or near the power distribution panel that is under your bed. He stated that if you have a slide, that you have to roll your slide out before you can lift your bed up. Once you lift the bed up, you should see the distribution panel. He stated that the fuse is by itself, an inline fuse that is near the distribution panel or on it. Best of luck! Let us know how you make out.
John
Allison 6spd.
chuckster

Post by chuckster »

TDJohn wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:09 pm Ok, I managed to get a hold of the fella. I will preface this, that your coach might not be the same as his was, but for your sake, hopefully it will be. He said that the fuse is located on or near the power distribution panel that is under your bed. He stated that if you have a slide, that you have to roll your slide out before you can lift your bed up. Once you lift the bed up, you should see the distribution panel. He stated that the fuse is by itself, an inline fuse that is near the distribution panel or on it. Best of luck! Let us know how you make out.
EUREKA!!!!

OMG! Found it!!! it was right where he said it would be, and I never even dreamt that I would find it there, but it definitely fixed the problem and has not blown again (yet). As soon as I woke up today and saw your message, I didn’t even change out of my pajamas before I went out and looked excitedly. I saw the fuse and it looked blown visually. I took it out and could see right away that it was blown and I stuck another five amp in there and it worked like a charm.

Thank you so much! I owe you dinner when we meet someday!
Attachments
IMG_3162.jpeg
IMG_3162.jpeg (3.86 MiB) Viewed 8235 times
IMG_3160.jpeg
IMG_3160.jpeg (3.08 MiB) Viewed 8235 times
IMG_3159.jpeg
IMG_3159.jpeg (4.16 MiB) Viewed 8235 times
Chuck & Mitzi
TDJohn

Post by TDJohn »

You're welcome. I'm glad that you were able to find the fuse. Thank you for the kind gesture, but you don't owe me anything, in this case I was just the messenger, plus we all just try to help each other here. I have been blessed with people helping me, when I needed, and I try to pay it forward in what little way I can. I will let my buddy know that you were thrilled to have found it as described. One wonders what went through SMC's head when they did this? Must have run out fuse spaces in the fuse panel by the circuit breaker panel. :roll: Lol.

I would suggest to make a note in your file folder, and/or write a note on the back side of the refrigerator. It is amazing how much you can forget as the years and miles fly by. Also consider labeling that fuse too...
John
Allison 6spd.
chuckster

Post by chuckster »

John, I’d be MORE than happy to buy or make you dinner. LOL.

I’ve taken a black magic marker and labeled it “fridge” and stuck a note in my documentation. I will not soon forget the hours of misery hunting this down, crawling under the coach, in the storage bays, generator area, bus bar distribution panel near the driver side, and so on and so forth. Fridge still working great.
Chuck & Mitzi