Cleaning sensors in black tank

Sinks, toilets, freshwater systems, waste systems, water heaters, holding tanks, distribution systems
sweetbeet

Cleaning sensors in black tank

Post by sweetbeet »

Here is a way to clean sensors off in black tank fill tank about half way.... get two BIG bags of ice.... Drive!

The ice will clean the inside then melt and drain fine!
Ruth Irons and (Mom) Doris Wagner
Argyle, Tx
2007 Safari Simba 38STS FRED Toyhauler (for electric wheelchair access)
Toad: Dodge Caravan converted for wheelchair access.
Mom is 88 years old, an amputee in wheelchair, she still ministers all over USA.
Moonwink

Re: Cleaning sensors in black tank

Post by Moonwink »

Faulty sensors aren't a problem if you use plenty of water, Happy Campers Image and keep your dump valves closed till the tank is at lease 2/3 full. You can get Happy Campers treatment at finer RV supply stores or online at several vendors. Here's a link to one on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Happy-Campers-Or ... 005XEFADU/
At the end of each outing, I triple flush my tanks using the built-in sprayer and add a few gallons of fresh water after closing the dump valve. Then add Happy Campers treatment to the tank so it sloshes around on the way home and back out the next trip. My 16 year old sensors still work great.
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'15 Malibu 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System