Washer/Dryer drain plumbing

Sinks, toilets, freshwater systems, waste systems, water heaters, holding tanks, distribution systems
astrnmrtom

Washer/Dryer drain plumbing

Post by astrnmrtom »

Does anyone know if Safari plumbed the washer/dryer drain so it dumps in the grey tank, or does it bypass the tank and drain into the sewer drain pipe. I can't see the plumbing. When using the washer/dryer we always keep the grey dump open. I've also read some coach manufacturers plumb the bathroom vanity sink into the black tank. Did Safari do this too?

Thanks
Tom and Pris Masterson, w/ Buddy the 18 year old Siamese cat.
1998 Serengeti 3706
300hp Cat 3126, Allison 3060
900 Watts of Solar
17cf, Fisher & Paykel residential Refrigerator
Dragging four telescopes around the US seeking dark skies.
TDJohn

Re: Washer/Dryer drain plumbing

Post by TDJohn »

astrnmrtom wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:02 pm Does anyone know if Safari plumbed the washer/dryer drain so it dumps in the grey tank, or does it bypass the tank and drain into the sewer drain pipe. I can't see the plumbing. When using the washer/dryer we always keep the grey dump open. I've also read some coach manufacturers plumb the bathroom vanity sink into the black tank. Did Safari do this too?

Thanks
Tom,

On older Safaris like mine, it was plumbed straight out, so the sewer cap had to be removed and sewer hose hooked up before the washing machine could be used. I vaguely recall that the new Safaris plumbed it into one of the tanks, but I don't recall which one, for some reason I have black tank in my head, but I cant be sure. Hopefully someone else will pipe in.

As for the bathroom sink, on my coach, it is hooked up to the black tank. It is easy to check, look down the toilet with a flashlight and have someone dump water into the bathroom sink, if you see the water moving, then you know it drains into the black tank.
John
'95 Serengeti, Cummins C8.3-300
Allison 6spd.
stuplich@ymail.com

Post by stuplich@ymail.com »

astrnmrtom wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:02 pm Does anyone know if Safari plumbed the washer/dryer drain so it dumps in the grey tank, or does it bypass the tank and drain into the sewer drain pipe. I can't see the plumbing. When using the washer/dryer we always keep the grey dump open. I've also read some coach manufacturers plumb the bathroom vanity sink into the black tank. Did Safari do this too?
Thanks
Tom
As built by SMC on my '96 Sahara 3530 the washer drains into neither tank ..The bathroom sink into the black tank.
(Your 1998 Serengeti 3706 may differ)
Mel
'96 Sahara 3530, mine since '01
250 hp 3126 Cat, MD3060 Allison
AABowen

Post by AABowen »

On my mid-entry '98 Serengeti the bathroom sink drains into the black tank and the washer/dryer does not go into either tank. I have to be hooked up to sewer to use the washer/dryer. The valve doesn't need to be open. My Serengeti was built at the end of 1997. I have been told that no two units were ever alike, so yours may be different.

Annette Bowen
1998 Serengeti