Locating fresh water pump.

Sinks, toilets, freshwater systems, waste systems, water heaters, holding tanks, distribution systems
eneriksen

Locating fresh water pump.

Post by eneriksen »

Can anyone point me to the fresh water pump on a '90 Serengeti?
chuckster

Re: Locating fresh water pump.

Post by chuckster »

I was wondering where mine might be located on the ‘01 Zanzibar.
Chuck & Mitzi
'01 Safari Zanzibar 3646 (side entry)
Cat 3126B / Allison MD3060
Magnum M-Series "Blue Max" chassis
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland toad
Norcalbruce

Post by Norcalbruce »

Oh man I hope it's in a better place than mine. We have a '96 Senrengeti so I don't know if the location is the same. But here's trying.
The location is behind the left sides Fresh Water Panel. In ours it's behind the control panel for Fresh Water Inflow and all that.
Oh my oh my the back side of the that panel is really a snakes den of water hoses and connectors.. I have a video let me see if I can download it. Nope that's not working sorry.
Anyway it's behind the water panel on mine.. it's not an easy fix just getting to it with out 'cracking' (?) any of the water seals on the plumbing. Good luck, it can be done take your time. Bruce.
Bruce 'n Jenny
1996 Safari Serengeti Mid Door
Cat 3126, Allison
'Someday' is on the Road...

From The Ground Up Farms, 501C3
Chico California 95926

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Norcalbruce

Post by Norcalbruce »

Hello again, I wasn't able to post a video here on Safarifriends but I was able to post it to that you tube site.

I hope this helps. Bruce.
this link is suppose to take you to my short video. I tested it once and it works.

https://youtu.be/TzEicp0kSfE
Bruce 'n Jenny
1996 Safari Serengeti Mid Door
Cat 3126, Allison
'Someday' is on the Road...

From The Ground Up Farms, 501C3
Chico California 95926

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
eneriksen

Post by eneriksen »

Thanks Bruce. That is quite a snake's nest.

I have very simply panel on the left size that contains connections to fill fresh and flush wash the gray and black, one valve and storage for the sewer hose. That's it. But your video did get me wondering if there might be an access panel inside of one of the basement compartments. Unfortunately we are still trying to find the barrel (tubular) keys for them.
eneriksen

Post by eneriksen »

These things do have a lot of hiding places so what did I just find but the ORIGINAL owner's manuals including two 3'x2' foldouts of both the 110V and 12V wiring diagrams for the entire coach! Even pointed to locations. The fresh water pump is located below a false bottom in the Lazy Susan in the corner of the kitchen counters.
Docbrotherman

Post by Docbrotherman »

On my ‘98 the 12v pump is accessed from the passenger side in the basement. There are panels on the rear side of the last storage compartment. In any case, water pumps are nearly always right next to the fresh water tank ( on reguler campers) and in our case, directly behind the water valve panel, but accessed from the other side.
QuantumRift

Post by QuantumRift »

Yep, there's a panel in the basment that separates the pump and plumbing area from the basment. Behind the valves.

The pump is easy to rebuild, and the kits are substantially less than a new pump. I've rebuilt several Shur Flo pumps over the years. Also the strainer tends to gunk up real bad with black seaweed. Easy to clean but the strainer fixtures are orderable as well and I keep one or two on hand just in case.
QuantumRift
1996 Safari Serengeti
3126 CAT
6-speed Allison World Transmission
eneriksen

Post by eneriksen »

So, to get to the water pump in a '90 Serengeti? you must remove the Lazy Susan and the panels below it. My actual leak was a split in the supply line under the hot water heater and behind the filling panel on the outside. With the Lazy Susan removed it was easy to remove the water heater and have easy access to everything to work on. Hint, get some plugs, or a bypass hose, for the water heater connections so that you can test out the entire system before reinstalling the water heater.

One other thing. You may find that many of the screws used to hold the panels will be rusted Phillips heads. I replaced them all with Torx head construction (not sheetrock) screws which don't corrode and the Torx heads are much easier to install and remove at some of the odd angles that they are screwed in.

There are also some Square hole screws so it good to have a good set of bits for the various shapes and sizes of screw head. I stocked my daughter's car with an assortment of tools when she went off to university... All the boys ended up coming to her for help. :lol: