Painting and paint codes

Skin, roof, windows, attachments, basement, etc.
chuckster

Painting and paint codes

Post by chuckster »

Has anyone ever had their coach painted in the past couple of years? I was wondering if the cost would be astronomical. I am thinking of maybe having a good body shop just fix a little here and there and patch/paint in the future.

Anyone know where I could get paint codes for an ‘01 Zanzibar? It’s green and white.
Chuck & Mitzi
'01 Safari Zanzibar 3646 (side entry)
Cat 3126B / Allison MD3060
Magnum M-Series "Blue Max" chassis
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland toad
2ontheroadplus1

Re: Painting and paint codes

Post by 2ontheroadplus1 »

I recently started research for paint codes on my 2008 Safari. I checked with Monaco, but they did not have it. Sherwin Williams has an auto paint division and can color match. English Color & Supply ( Texas) also has the Diamont paint. Hope this helps.
curry

Post by curry »

We have a 1998 Safari Class C, yes they do exist. I don't know and can't find what color of blue is pretty much all of the trim on our Safari. Most of it is white. If anyone might know the name or number if the blue used in the late 90's we'd sure like to know. I'd live to not have to drive around with primer on our rear fiberglass "so-called' bumper.
Any information would be appreciated.
2ontheroadplus1

Post by 2ontheroadplus1 »

Class C? Who knew?!
I was told that the tag behind the drivers seat should have the info. Mine does not. But you should check. If you see " Diamont" anywhere, that is the paint.
curry

Post by curry »

I'll look and see if Class C's have one there. Thanks. I can confirm that there is nothing behind the front seat of a Class C.
1Lotosrggp

Post by 1Lotosrggp »

If the blue is on the water heater cover it could be taken to an automotive paint supply for a color match. Will probably need to be clear coated.
Tom
97 Sahara 3550
3126 CAT 300hp
Trekker01

Post by Trekker01 »

The paint of that era was custom mixed by a company local to the Safari factory. Paint codes would only help if you went to that business, as they were not standard nationwide.

Locate a removable panel (such as your hot water heater or refrigerator cover that has the color you need on it. Take it to an automotive paint supplier for matching. Some NAPA stores have the capability, but you can expect it to be expensive. You might be able to get a small batch mixed up for you in spray cans.

At one time one of our members (Bill Edwards) was trying to gather paint codes for SMC products, but I don't know status of that effort. Believe the paint came from Industrial Paint Supply in Eugene, Oregon, but may not be correct on that.
Gary
'98 Sahara 3006 300CAT
Member of SafariFriends since 2000
Ptte h

Post by Ptte h »

Industrial Paint in Eugene was able to look up mine and I ordered it from them.