Four Horns

Skin, roof, windows, attachments, basement, etc.
keegan8

Four Horns

Post by keegan8 »

95 Sahara, 5.9
Mine has 4 horns, was that some part of a package? Sounds like four trains coming down the road! For that matter, what were the options for a 95 Sahara?
95 sahara, 5.9, Allison 6 sp, 35'
TDJohn

Re: Four Horns

Post by TDJohn »

Awesome! :lol:

I have seen one or two Safaris w/o air horns. Usually a pair (two) of air horns, placed on the roof above the driver is most common on Safaris. I don't know if four horns was an option or if someone installed it aftermarket, but in any case, it must be a hoot to get people out of your way, or get them to jump out of their skin. :shock: :lol:
John
'95 Serengeti, Cummins C8.3-300
Allison 6spd.
Norcalbruce

Post by Norcalbruce »

They are so much fun. Our '96 Serengeti has a set of 2.
I'm speaking as a retired truck driver. My last pe-retirement truck had all the latest 'comforts', except it did lack that known truck air horn honk. Just the little car horn, beep beep. Just no respect.
Before then, years of 'tooting' (yeah right) big AIR horns (2 or 3) in a set. You can really control the honk. Some it's a real heart attack sound.
What I am saying is you can speak with the horn. Sometimes the message your sending is, a large HONK HONK- WAKE UP!... or a short double honk- for your coming into my lane.
I'm just saying those air horns can make friends or it can go bad, be careful, stay alert, give 'em plenty of room. Just trying to help.

Bruce 'n Jen
Bruce 'n Jenny
1996 Safari Serengeti Mid Door
Cat 3126, Allison
'Someday' is on the Road...

From The Ground Up Farms, 501C3
Chico California 95926

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
jplante4

Post by jplante4 »

According to my brochure the air horns (we have 2) came as part of the "Sultan Package". I really like having them when in the right lane and there's someone who does not know how to merge onto a highway. The Sultan speaks.
Jerry & Jeanne Plante
1996 Sahara 3530
CAT 3126/Allison 6 spd
2013 Equinox toad/Blue Ox
keegan8

Post by keegan8 »

Thanks for the reply! I'm afraid that I'll give someone a heart attack! Its loud if I really get on it. And to Bruce's reply, yes they kinda talk, just a light tap and it kinda squeeks, hold it down, its Burlington Northern!

And we do call it the Sultan! So the story is, the previous owner went to the factory and watched it being built, many moons ago. Amazing the stories that come with the rigs.
keegan8

Post by keegan8 »

Image[attachment=0]Beast 1
Attachments
beast 2.jpg
beast 2.jpg (13.93 MiB) Viewed 37777 times
Beast 1.jpg
Beast 1.jpg (14.47 MiB) Viewed 37777 times
TDJohn

Post by TDJohn »

keegan8 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:29 pm Thanks for the reply! I'm afraid that I'll give someone a heart attack! Its loud if I really get on it. And to Bruce's reply, yes they kinda talk, just a light tap and it kinda squeeks, hold it down, its Burlington Northern!

And we do call it the Sultan! So the story is, the previous owner went to the factory and watched it being built, many moons ago. Amazing the stories that come with the rigs.
Yes, with a light tap, mine squeak too, which comes in had for a quick hello or to get my wife's attention without sending her heart into her throat. :lol:
But if you have an emergency situation that requires urgent and liberal use of the horn, you will be glad that you have all 4 horns to get someones attention.

Nice looking coach, but please show a picture with the double set of horns. ;)
John
Allison 6spd.
chuckster

Post by chuckster »

I have only two horns but it certainly gets people’s attention. People wonder where the freight train is after they get their heart back out of their throats. Rarely have to use, but they are nice to keep loaded; like some other “tool” that comes to mind if you catch my drift.
Chuck & Mitzi
'01 Safari Zanzibar 3646 (side entry)
Cat 3126B / Allison MD3060
Magnum M-Series "Blue Max" chassis
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland toad
keegan8

Post by keegan8 »

Four on the Sultan![img]
4H2.jpg
4H2.jpg (50.87 KiB) Viewed 37753 times
Attachments
4H.jpg
4H.jpg (63.53 KiB) Viewed 37753 times
TDJohn

Post by TDJohn »

Sweet! I would have a blast with two sets of horns! :lol:
Nice looking coach. The front caps usually take a beating over the years, especially the clear coat toward the top, but yours looks in pretty great shape.
John
Allison 6spd.