Upgrading the Captains Chairs

If you're not sure which forum to use, drop it here.
05wingrider

Upgrading the Captains Chairs

Post by 05wingrider »

Just wondering if anyone has upgraded their original seats to ones with higher backs? I love the seats in my '96, but the low backs on them makes my back and shoulders ache after a couple of days driving. Since next year we are exploring a trip from Wa State down to Florida to visit friends, we will be on the road for several weeks, and I'd like to be comfortable doing so. I started looking online at prices (and had major sticker shock) so am thinking that a trip down to the salvage yard in AZ might be in order for us instead since they are the closest large facility to me that has any selection in it and that won't break the bank at the same time. Just wondering if anyone has done it and if there were any unexpected surprises!

Thanks,
Duane
96 Sahara 30', 250hp Cat 3126
Allison 6spd MD-3060
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk "Toad"
Spokane WA
TDJohn

Re: Upgrading the Captains Chairs

Post by TDJohn »

Duane,

I think you would have a much better selection at Colaws RV Salvage. They are located in MO.
John
'95 Serengeti, Cummins C8.3-300
Allison 6spd.
05wingrider

Post by 05wingrider »

John,
Thanks for the input - I'll have to keep them in mind also. A little bit further away from me (the joys of living in the PNW), but still doable. Right now my plans for upgrading have been put on hold due to some unforeseen household expenses, but not completely off my radar!
Duane
96 Sahara 30', 250hp Cat 3126
Allison 6spd MD-3060
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk "Toad"
Spokane WA
TDJohn

Post by TDJohn »

Oh, those unforeseen expenses are such joy. :(

There is also a big salvage place in KY, but I don't recall the name. Maybe you can buy it and instal it during the big trip you have planned?
John
'95 Serengeti, Cummins C8.3-300
Allison 6spd.