Toilet paper choices

If you're not sure which forum to use, drop it here.
chuckster

Toilet paper choices

Post by chuckster »

So, this subject definitely falls into the “everything else” category. :lol:

I’ve owned a few motorhomes and a travel trailer over the past 30 or so years and have mostly used the Thetford brand but have used a few different ones as well. For years we used Costco tp with our last Motorhome because I had read on forums that it worked “just as well” in boats and RV’s. I’ll have to say that having used a clear connection that attaches to the dump fitting at campgrounds I have noticed that you cannot see the tp going into the dump when dumping after a week using the Thetford brand e.g. it breaks down and disintegrates whereas it seems in my distant memory that I could catch a glimpse of tp heading for poo poo land using other brands.

I’m not fond of the thinness of the Thetford; seems like we use a lot more but I’ll have to say that my black tank stays clean and stink-free e.g. the Thetford is breaking down and disintegrating. Also, it’s been quite a few trips and dumps since I’ve had to use a wand for power washing. Instead of the power wash, I perform regular ‘preventive maintenance’ by filling the black tank 1/3 and dumping 1/4 cup of liquid Dawn dish detergent and a cup of powdered Boraxo and driving to my destination and then pulling the plug in the dump before settling in for the week. This keeps the ‘poop pyramid’ broken down and this does work for getting your black tank gauge working again if it’s not working or not working well.

What’s the point of your post, Chuck? No, I am not bored here sitting in the campground with nothing but time to post here. Well, it’s a crappy subject to talk about :lol: but I am curious what some of you use for tp and do you have good results? I’m looking to switch to something a little thicker and stronger than the Thetford but don’t want issues with the black tank. I’m not looking for a breakthrough if you catch my drift. :o Additionally I wanted to share my ‘preventive maintenance’ tip

Happy trails,
Chuck & Mitzi
'01 Safari Zanzibar 3646 (side entry)
Cat 3126B / Allison MD3060
Magnum M-Series "Blue Max" chassis
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland toad
stuplich@ymail.com

Re: Toilet paper choices

Post by stuplich@ymail.com »

Mel
'96 Sahara 3530, mine since '01
250 hp 3126 Cat, MD3060 Allison
leonnyy

Re: Toilet paper choices

Post by leonnyy »

I wish I saw this post earlier :D I do not have any problems with Thetford, but after reading this post I think to change the brand of toilet paper to see what else people use :lol: