Camping parks

If you're not sure which forum to use, drop it here.
Primarypp

Camping parks

Post by Primarypp »

We have a 2003 Safari Trek, immaculate inside and outside. Always kept in covered garage. Many RV parks will not allow a unit over 10 years old. Wondering if any other owners have this problem with reservations?
wolfe10

Re: Camping parks

Post by wolfe10 »

Welcome.

Actually, most RV parks interpret that to mean "if over 10 years old AND DOESN'T LOOK GOOD" we can reject it.

Having traveled for a number of years in a 1993 Foretravel and then 1997 Safari Sahara (WAY over 10 years old) if they even asked, I asked about coach age, I automatically offered to e-mail them pictures of the coach.

Never turned down.
Brett and Dianne Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'. Ex 1997 Safari Sahara. Ex 1993 Foretravel U240
Moderator, FMCA Forums 2009-2020
Chairman, FMCA Technical Advisory Committee 2011- 2020
Moderator, http://www.dieselrvclub.org/ (FMCA chapter) 2002-
Moonwink

Post by Moonwink »

I've never had a problem with the age of my Trek either. As Brett said, if they ask about the age of your MH, offer to send them pictures. The 10 year thing means they don't want shabby looking RVs in their park. Keep your Trek looking nice and you shouldn't have any problems getting into any parks - even if they claim they won't allow any units in that are over 10 years old.
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'15 Malibu 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System
ProCycle

Post by ProCycle »

And unless they are Safari experts they aren't even going to be able to tell how old it really is.
Jeff
1997 Ivory Edition 3740 Cat 3126 Allison
Primarypp

Post by Primarypp »

Thank you for your responses concerning our Safari Trek. Our motorhome is in pristine condition and we did send pictures including our toad —a 2020 Jeep Cherokee. Still declined our reservation request! We are about to take a lengthy trip and naturally have concerns.
05wingrider

Post by 05wingrider »

We ran into a few places on the West Coast that were very, very restrictive and wouldn't allow us to stay, even though our '96 looked better than quite a few of the "newer" rigs we saw when we turned around in the park. For the most part however, as soon as we send a picture we are welcomed, so the ones that refuse seem to be few and far between in our experiences on the road so far. We even had one park manager tell us that she would love to let us stay after seeing our rig, but that if the owners caught wind she would be fired and out of a job - they were that restrictive.
Duane
96 Sahara 30', 250hp Cat 3126
Allison 6spd MD-3060
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk "Toad"
Spokane WA
Moonwink

Post by Moonwink »

Primarypp wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:26 pm Thank you for your responses concerning our Safari Trek. Our motorhome is in pristine condition and we did send pictures including our toad —a 2020 Jeep Cherokee. Still declined our reservation request! We are about to take a lengthy trip and naturally have concerns.
From what you're saying, you probably wouldn't have enjoyed staying in their park anyway if that's the kind of people they are and they way they act. If all there was to RVing was sitting around and talking about what I came instead of enjoying the fellowship of the other campers, I'd have stopped camping and sold my rig years ago. I joined a local RV club a few years ago were had a majority of members with 42+ ft Prevosts. The main topic at get togethers seemed to always revert to who had the newest and grandest RV of all. It wasn't a good fit for me and when it was time to renew my dues, I never even considered it. I never see any of those rigs in the parks I visit so maybe the park giving you trouble is where they stay?

Charlie Adcock (2013-2017 president of FMCA) had it right when he said "it's about people, not about equipment. It's about having fun!" As long as your rig looks decent and has an RV label on it (converted school buses don't), it should be acceptable at any good RV park.
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'15 Malibu 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System
stuplich@ymail.com

Post by stuplich@ymail.com »

WHY stay where you're not welcome?
I seldom make a reservation but when I do I never use parks that discriminate.
(Whether I reserve or drive up I only stay at parks that appreciate my $$).

You meet the nicest people with ugly coaches.
Mel
'96 Sahara 3530, mine since '01
250 hp 3126 Cat, MD3060 Allison