Time to sell

If you're not sure which forum to use, drop it here.
bowhunter3125

Re: Time to sell

Post by bowhunter3125 »

TDJohn wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:14 pm In your battery compartment, there should be a small fuse box camouflaged in there somewhere. There are a few fuses and one or two relays in there. One of the relays is for the CAT engine ECM. When you get a no start situation, check and see if you are getting the ignition on signal that energize the relay. If yes, see if the relay is sending power to the ECM. Often, because of corroded contacts, those small relays act erratically (sometimes working, sometimes not), and can be hard to diagnose. If that doesn't bring you results, then call Dave Atherton 605-997-0720 He is a retired CAT master troubleshooter and is very knowledgeable and helpful.

What are you asking for the coach???
So i found the Relay, went ahead and replaced it just incase, still no restart. Good thing is the EMC has a lifetime warranty so i am pulling it out and sending it in, at the very least we will find out if its bad and it is actually ,cheaper to send it to Texas then the take it to the CAT dealer. They want $150 just to hook it up. I honestly dont know what this thing is worth It is missing the Passenger rear vender panel. and has some paint peeling on the slide, something to do with the aluminum. Thing runs great when it is running, AC units need to be serviced but everything else works fine. I honestl dont think i could get more then 20g for it
99' Safari Continental Panther 425
Cat C12
TDJohn

Re: Time to sell

Post by TDJohn »

[/quote]

So i found the Relay, went ahead and replaced it just incase, still no restart. Good thing is the EMC has a lifetime warranty so i am pulling it out and sending it in, at the very least we will find out if its bad and it is actually ,cheaper to send it to Texas then the take it to the CAT dealer. They want $150 just to hook it up. I honestly dont know what this thing is worth It is missing the Passenger rear vender panel. and has some paint peeling on the slide, something to do with the aluminum. Thing runs great when it is running, AC units need to be serviced but everything else works fine. I honestl dont think i could get more then 20g for it
[/quote]
I would still strongly recommend to call Dave Atherton, he can answer and troubleshoot CAT technical questions and problems that us folks on the forum would only be guessing. It could be as simple as a wire harness issue, or grounding issue, who knows, but I can tell you that Dave knows this stuff and has helped many RVers, not only in resolving problems, but helping them avert very costly repairs at the dealerships.
Please let us know how the problem gets resolved.
John
'95 Serengeti, Cummins C8.3-300
Allison 6spd.