Road side assistance

Introducing... you! Say hi and tell us a little about yourself. Attach a picture of your coach if you like.
stuplich@ymail.com

Road side assistance

Post by stuplich@ymail.com »

A word about EMS providers from the perspective of the owner of a repair facility.
Message 53479 re-posted from groups.io/g/ramblinpushers... (without permission).
[quote]
We do insurance/warranty repair work and Good Sam's is horrible to deal with.They are always looking for a way to either get out of a claim or cheapen the repair. I have lost track of the number of battles we have had fighting for our customers. The sad part is we should have never had to fight with them.

Coach Net contacted us a year ago to be a provider of service for their members in the event of a breakdown. They knew of our reputation as an highly ethical business and chased us hard for several months to be a service provider for them. In the end I really wanted to do it but turned the offer down simply because I did not want to put our technician on a 24/7 day a week emergency call out program. I can tell you that after reviewing their contract terms for service companies they do look out for their members and truly have your best interests at heart and are a great company to work with.

Their contracts with service companies such as us are very demanding, which is a good thing for coach owners. After dealing with numerous RV insurance
companies I can honestly say Coach Net is the best for you.
I personally wouldn't even consider some of the others.
Mel
'96 Sahara 3530, mine since '01
250 hp 3126 Cat, MD3060 Allison
deanshaw

Re: Road side assistance

Post by deanshaw »

I can confirm the prior experience. I have had two attempts to get assistance from them with no success. I was outside Atlanta and my brakes froze up. It took me two hours to get through to them and they said they could not get a tow truck to me until the next day. When they didn't arrive, I called back and they said their trucks were all busy and to try again later. I gave up and since my brakes had cooled, I was able to carefully drive it to a service place. Another time I was at a Julian Price Campground on the Blue Ridge and two of my inside tires went flat due again to brake overheating the valve stems. I called them and they could not find any service places that could help me. I then found one myself and they came out and replaced both valve stems in the campground.