Need a good Mechanic and Part Number

Introducing... you! Say hi and tell us a little about yourself. Attach a picture of your coach if you like.
glenn robbins

Need a good Mechanic and Part Number

Post by glenn robbins »

I am looking for a good mechanic in central west Florida, 30 min form Ocala, 1 hour north of Tampa and 1 hour west of Orlando Fl. I have a 1997 Safari Serengeti Ivory 37. I have a leaking Hydraulic electric brake switch I think. It is leaking hydraulic fluid in the rear drivers side near the tires above the muffler, I have read several post reg. Electric brake switch failures. I can't find the part number if anyone has it I would be very grateful, in the meantime I would like find a good trustworthy shop within an hour or so of me.

Thanks for your time
deanshaw

Re: Need a good Mechanic and Part Number

Post by deanshaw »

I have a 1999 35' Safari Sahara. I am not sure what switch you are referencing. I had a hydraulic electric switch for my park brake start leaking fluid. It was easy to remove and I found one by using the part number on the switch.
Knollibe

Post by Knollibe »

I have a 96 Sahara. My park brake valve leaked. I was able to match one up at a truck parts supply.
If like mine the park brake runs off of transmission pressure to release the brake.
Dwayne
1996 safari Sahara since 2010
Chev Colorado zr2 toad, electric pedego bikes.
3rd motorhome.
glenn robbins

Post by glenn robbins »

I think this part is the electronic Brake switch to the parking brake, attached are photos looking up from ground at brace and parking brake cable and the actual two wire switch, where the hydraulic fluid looks to be leaking from, do you know the part number?
If I take this switch off do I need to bleed the hydraulic system to change it, there may be a part number on it. Any advice would help.
Please see attachments
Attachments
IMG-0367.jpg
IMG-0367.jpg (1.48 MiB) Viewed 3677 times
IMG-0362.jpg
IMG-0362.jpg (1.16 MiB) Viewed 3677 times
IMG-0350.jpg
IMG-0350.jpg (1.56 MiB) Viewed 3677 times
IMG-0341.jpg
IMG-0341.jpg (2.25 MiB) Viewed 3677 times
jplante4

Post by jplante4 »

I hesitate to give you the part number for my switch because yours does look different.

Basically it's a Hobbs switch which is used to turn on the park brake light on the dash. Mine leaked and pumped all the hydraulic brake boost and power steering fluid out over the course of a week. Covered the (white) toad with oil.

I got mine here

https://www.onlinecomponents.com

76068-B00000400-01

Honeywell
5000 Series Extended Duty Pressure Switch

Basically, you need to supply them with the pressure setting and whether it's normally open (NO) or normally closed (NC). If you pull the switch out, you can use a 1/8 inch pipe plug to plug the hole while you wait for the part. The park brake light will stay illuminated until the new switch is in, but you will be able to use the coach. The switch should have a part number that you can reference.

I didn't need to bleed the system, just refilled the fluid reservoir with Dextron III
Jerry & Jeanne Plante
1996 Sahara 3530
CAT 3126/Allison 6 spd
2013 Equinox toad/Blue Ox
glenn robbins

Post by glenn robbins »

thank you so much for the advice and name of the switch (hobbs)