Door Seal

Introducing... you! Say hi and tell us a little about yourself. Attach a picture of your coach if you like.
glenn robbins

Door Seal

Post by glenn robbins »

I have a 1997 Safari Serengeti Ivory 37 ft. Has any one replaced the door trim seal on the entrance door, and if do you know where I can buy the rubber seal or the part numbers when ordered. The seal has decade after all these years and is now leaking
Attachments
Exterior door Seal
Exterior door Seal
IMG-0384.jpg (1.45 MiB) Viewed 5532 times
Exterior door Seal
Exterior door Seal
IMG-0386.jpg (3.13 MiB) Viewed 5532 times
Zanzibar Bill

Re: Door Seal

Post by Zanzibar Bill »

1999 Zanzibar White Tiger
astrnmrtom

Post by astrnmrtom »

Yep, just did mine a couple days ago as well as replacing the broken Pos-a-lock hold open mechanism. The link in the previous reply is the place to use. The price is per foot. You'll need to measure your door at the appropriate points. You'll want to get some new spline material too. One thing to note is the best way to replace the trim is to remove the door leaving the hinge connected to the doorframe, not the door. The door is HEAVY! I did it without removing the door but it was tedious because there isn't much room for pushing the seal and spline back in place on the hinge side. Because the hinge is made up of multiple pieces, I worked my way along the inner edge by removing a couple sections of hinge, inserting the spline, reattaching the hinge and repeating. This also maintains door alignment. The hardest part was feeding the new seal into the groove on the hinge side. Once started you work along the seal pushing it into the groove. The job wasn't hard, I just needed to take my time.
Tom and Pris Masterson, w/ Buddy the 18 year old Siamese cat.
1998 Serengeti 3706
300hp Cat 3126, Allison 3060
900 Watts of Solar
17cf, Fisher & Paykel residential Refrigerator
Dragging four telescopes around the US seeking dark skies.
astrnmrtom

Post by astrnmrtom »

Here's the number for the door seal: Kit number K007-757
Follow the instructions on the kit page to measure your door.
Tom and Pris Masterson, w/ Buddy the 18 year old Siamese cat.
1998 Serengeti 3706
300hp Cat 3126, Allison 3060
900 Watts of Solar
17cf, Fisher & Paykel residential Refrigerator
Dragging four telescopes around the US seeking dark skies.