New user/member

Introducing... you! Say hi and tell us a little about yourself. Attach a picture of your coach if you like.
chuckster

New user/member

Post by chuckster »

Hello Safarifriends!

Just a quick note to introduce myself...

My wife and I just purchased an '01 Zanzibar 3646 and made our 500 mile maiden voyage from Meridian Idaho to Garden Grove California without incident. We're happy about that. The only issue we had was warm dash air and the check engine light that comes on and off intermittently when using the dash air. Other than that, everything seems to work so far.

Looking forward to some social interaction and asking some of you 'veteran' Safarians some questions and learning from you all!

Take care,
Chuckster
Chuck & Mitzi
'01 Safari Zanzibar 3646 (side entry)
Cat 3126B / Allison MD3060
Magnum M-Series "Blue Max" chassis
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland toad
stuplich@ymail.com

Re: New user/member

Post by stuplich@ymail.com »

Welcome
Mel
'96 Sahara 3530, mine since '01
250 hp 3126 Cat, MD3060 Allison
deanshaw

Post by deanshaw »

I have had similar problems in the past and my first was caused by a split vacuum line going to the butterfly valves controlling the flow of the air and letting in hot outside air. The most current was caused by leaking of the valve that shuts off the water flow from the engine that is used for the heater. Rather than change that valve, I put in a manual shut off valve that I can reach from under the front bumper. Since I use my RV mostly in warm weather, I leave it closed most of the time.
Dean Shaw
1999 Safari Sahara
chuckster

Post by chuckster »

Thanks, Dean. I will have a look!
Chuck & Mitzi
'01 Safari Zanzibar 3646 (side entry)
Cat 3126B / Allison MD3060
Magnum M-Series "Blue Max" chassis
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland toad