Generac generator

Introducing... you! Say hi and tell us a little about yourself. Attach a picture of your coach if you like.
MYTJO300

Generac generator

Post by MYTJO300 »

Generac generator is taking awhile to start. Does it need a tune up or what?
TDJohn

Re: Generac generator

Post by TDJohn »

If you have not had it tuned in a while, it sure could not hurt to give it a tuneup...

How many hours on the unit, since the last tuneup?

How many total hours on the generator?
John
'95 Serengeti, Cummins C8.3-300
Allison 6spd.
MYTJO300

Post by MYTJO300 »

I’ve never tuned a generator. I believe it has 8K hrs. I know the fuse popped out, trying to find a replacement twist cap but not sure if that’s the issue. My AC also stops after a few minutes
TDJohn

Post by TDJohn »

If it is a real 8K hours, you might want to be checking cylinder compression, as it might be due for a rebuild with that many hours?

AC stops after a few minutes? AC as in air conditioning (a/c) or AC as in electricity output of the generator head?

If you mean your roof top a/c unit, it could be that your condenser coils are clogged up/dirty, and the compressor is kicking of on thermal overload due to very high head pressures.

If the issue is with power output from your generator head, again, at 8K hours, both the generator head and the engine are probably very tired.
flightsystems.com is a great source for diagnostic help, instruction and parts for all types of generators, including and especially for RV generators.
John
'95 Serengeti, Cummins C8.3-300
Allison 6spd.