New member from Madison WI.

Introducing... you! Say hi and tell us a little about yourself. Attach a picture of your coach if you like.
talismandave

New member from Madison WI.

Post by talismandave »

Hi, Dave from Madison WI here, glad to be able to look around.

Debra and I just sold our 1989 Fleetwood Flair 24 foot and are hoping to replace it with a Trek 2480 or similar one under 28 feet long. Perhaps one of the 2600 Treks, but really would prefer 2400 series.

We had the Flair for 5 years and sold it for what we paid for it. Learned what we liked, what we didn't, learned how RV systems work, and that we love traveling in a short class A motorhome. Want to find one at least 20 years old which is perfect for a Trek, then I can register it on my collectors license and avoid annual registration fees and wheel taxes. A considerable savings. ;)

Back in the 90s I had shopped for small motorhomes. Looked at many different types. VW Rialto, Chevy Astro based class C, quite a few others. One that I loved enough to still have the brochure for was the Trek! Loved the massive interior in a tiny Class A. Back then the cost of owning an RV scared me off, but I saved the brochure for someday, well someday has arrived. :D

Hope to find something by next summer. Looking locally for now, watching nationally. Willingness to travel to buy will increase as summer nears. I will break out the compass each month and draw a bigger circle around Madison on the map. :lol:

Thanks for the add to the group, I will try to keep out of the way while I learn my way around.
Dave and Debra
Sold our 24 foot Fleetwood Flair.
Hoping to find Trek 2480 by next summer.
Madison WI.
1Lotosrggp

Re: New member from Madison WI.

Post by 1Lotosrggp »

Try this search:
https://rvs.oodle.com/used-rvs/madison- ... afari+Trek
Or
https://www.searchcraigslist.org/ to search all of craigslist, use caution

I believe there is another group more Trek specific. Good luck in your search.
Tom
97 Sahara 3550
3126 CAT 300hp
stuplich@ymail.com

Post by stuplich@ymail.com »

[quote=1Lotosrggp post_id=224527 time=1604279217 user_id=68
I believe there is another group more Trek specific. Good luck in your search.
[/quote]

Tom (& Dave)
https://www.trektraxs.com/
Mel
'96 Sahara 3530, mine since '01
250 hp 3126 Cat, MD3060 Allison
chuckster

Post by chuckster »

talismandave wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:31 am Hi, Dave from Madison WI here, glad to be able to look around.

Debra and I just sold our 1989 Fleetwood Flair 24 foot and are hoping to replace it with a Trek 2480 or similar one under 28 feet long. Perhaps one of the 2600 Treks, but really would prefer 2400 series.

We had the Flair for 5 years and sold it for what we paid for it. Learned what we liked, what we didn't, learned how RV systems work, and that we love traveling in a short class A motorhome. Want to find one at least 20 years old which is perfect for a Trek, then I can register it on my collectors license and avoid annual registration fees and wheel taxes. A considerable savings. ;)

Back in the 90s I had shopped for small motorhomes. Looked at many different types. VW Rialto, Chevy Astro based class C, quite a few others. One that I loved enough to still have the brochure for was the Trek! Loved the massive interior in a tiny Class A. Back then the cost of owning an RV scared me off, but I saved the brochure for someday, well someday has arrived. :D

Hope to find something by next summer. Looking locally for now, watching nationally. Willingness to travel to buy will increase as summer nears. I will break out the compass each month and draw a bigger circle around Madison on the map. :lol:

Thanks for the add to the group, I will try to keep out of the way while I learn my way around.
Welcome!
Chuck & Mitzi
'01 Safari Zanzibar 3646 (side entry)
Cat 3126B / Allison MD3060
Magnum M-Series "Blue Max" chassis
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland toad