Motor Mounts

Introducing... you! Say hi and tell us a little about yourself. Attach a picture of your coach if you like.
deanshaw

Motor Mounts

Post by deanshaw »

I am getting a vibration noise when accelerating. It has been determined that is caused by worn motor mounts which result in the engine mount touching the frame as the engine torques over during acceleration. My question is, does anyone know what the part numbers are for the rear motor mounts on a 1999 Safari Sahara on a Magnum Chassis with a 3126B Cat (7AS632940) engine?
05wingrider

Re: Motor Mounts

Post by 05wingrider »

Just out of curiosity, I went and did a quick search to see what may come up (Caterpillar 3126 motor mount). I came across a website, vanderhaags.com, and they show the mount and the pads for the 3126 engine. There are more than one style or design listed, so I think you'd have to compare it to what you have right now. It might not be the perfect solution, but it may help steer you down the right path? Hope this may help you in your search.
Duane
96 Sahara 30', 250hp Cat 3126
Allison 6spd MD-3060
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk "Toad"
Spokane WA
deanshaw

Re: Motor Mounts

Post by deanshaw »

Thanks, I will follow up on that. It looks like I will have to remove it first and do a measuring/matching.