currently unobtainable tail light lenses

Introducing... you! Say hi and tell us a little about yourself. Attach a picture of your coach if you like.
stuplich@ymail.com

currently unobtainable tail light lenses

Post by stuplich@ymail.com »

ImageImage

Apperently Richard Maillet, (rmaillet@gmail.com), is planning on making and selling NEW AMBER, CLEAR & RED REPLACEMENT REAR LIGHT LENSES to fit 1999-2001 safari coaches

The following is copy of his 3/31/22 post to the Safari Motorhome Owners Facebook group:
Just to let everyone that needs new taillight lenses with the following part no.
GL-1240 A
GL-1240 C
GL-1240 R
Please email me at
rmaillet@gmail.com
This way I can keep track and be in touch as soon as they become available. It's not going to happen overnight. New CAD drawings have to be created as well as new molds have to be made.
Thank you all.
[END QUOTE]
Mel
'96 Sahara 3530, mine since '01
250 hp 3126 Cat, MD3060 Allison
stemo76

Re: currently unobtainable tail light lenses

Post by stemo76 »

Are they going to be exact replacements or can you make LED replacements that fit the same space? either way I might be interested. The interior reflectors have all deteriorated making the light not very noticeable during the day even with high output colored LED bulbs.
2000 Harney Renegade 38ft
stuplich@ymail.com

stemo76 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:50 am Are they going to be exact replacements or can you make LED replacements that fit the same space? either way I might be interested. The interior reflectors have all deteriorated making the light not very noticeable during the day even with high output colored LED bulbs.
stemo76
I posted everything I know about the subject ... I suggest you contact Richart Maillet at rmaillet@gmail.com for further information.
Mel
bmaillet66

Post by bmaillet66 »

There are just lenses nothing more at this point.
Okimar

Post by Okimar »

With these, and correct me if I'm wrong, all you have to do is order LED bulbs to replace the old incandescent ones, right?
stemo76

Post by stemo76 »

Okimar wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:08 pm With these, and correct me if I'm wrong, all you have to do is order LED bulbs to replace the old incandescent ones, right?
Yes thats possible, thats what I have now, colored LEDs to match the lens.

I was just hoping it would be updated with an LED matrix. This makes the lights much more noticeable.
2000 Harney Renegade 38ft
Okimar

Post by Okimar »

Oh, I see... Yes, that would be amazing!

I shared the info on these with the Trek Tracks group.

Unfortunately, I just got the rug pulled out from my wife and I by a family that had made an agreement with us on a beautiful Key Largo edition 2008 Safari Trek tonight and we're crushed.

But, hopefully there'll be some that benefits from this amazing offer to make lights that will keep some great coaches on the road.
stuplich@ymail.com

The following is a copy of John Ruff's June 23rd post Facebook post:

[quote}
I just got off the phone with the owner of Arizona RV Salvage.
He has agreed to sell a PAIR (2) of either clear or amber lenses (lens only) for $200 total including shipping anywhere in the Continental USA.
If you buy a pair of clear lenses, they can also be used as red or amber lenses if you use a colored led bulb behind it.
I do not profit from any that get sold by them. We all know how hard and expensive these discontinued lenses can be.
[end quote]

https://www.rvyard.com/
Mel