Radiator/coolant hoses?

Introducing... you! Say hi and tell us a little about yourself. Attach a picture of your coach if you like.
brstough2004@gmail.com

Radiator/coolant hoses?

Post by brstough2004@gmail.com »

Recently purchased the steel tank (overflow tank) from Beaver, then asked them for part numbers for the hoses and belts.

They cannot help me with those part numbers...

Any suggestions/solutions? These hoses are probably "stock" - as when I attempted to replace the overflow tank, the larger one fell apart, and the smaller ones are old and HARD!

1996 Safari Continental (1995 build date)
8.3 cummins/6 speed Allison

Brian
TDJohn

Re: Radiator/coolant hoses?

Post by TDJohn »

Some hoses are specific, some are standard. When I have a chance, I will look in my files and see what I can find for hoses. As for belts, I strongly recommend the Gates/NAPA Green belt. They are very durable strong, long lasting belts. The best thing to do is call Cummins with your engine model and serial numbers and they will give you the Cummins part number to the main serpentine belt. Once you have that number, I can help you cross reference that number to the Gates green belt. A side note: for quite some time, I was having issues with belt slippage, which resulted in a lot of belt noise and short belt life, and this is even with new belt tensioners installed, still no help. What I found out was that there were two sizes of the J mount style alternators. One was the large body, which was only a tiny bit bigger, originally made by Leece Neville, and the smaller style was made by AC Delco (now AC Delco offers both sizes). Apparently, even though there is not much difference in the alternator sizes, it does still make just enough difference on the tension of the drive belt. After replacing the alternator with the large body style, I have had zero issues with belt slippage. I don't know which style your engine takes, but it is something to be aware of, just in case.
John
'95 Serengeti, Cummins C8.3-300
Allison 6spd.
brstough2004@gmail.com

Post by brstough2004@gmail.com »

Thanks!
QuantumRift

Post by QuantumRift »

When I needed hoses for the 96 Serengeti Cat engine, I took the hoses to NAPA and they were able to look-match them. One hat to cut a few inches off each end but for the most part, they were a good match.
QuantumRift
1996 Safari Serengeti
3126 CAT
6-speed Allison World Transmission