Introductions

Introducing... you! Say hi and tell us a little about yourself. Attach a picture of your coach if you like.
Moonwink

Re: Introductions

Post by Moonwink »

I've been here long enough I guess should introduce myself. I've owned my Trek since November of 2014. It's 2004 31SBD with the EMB bed in the back lounge. I'm a little disappointed it doesn't have the full width bath in the back instead like the 29RBD models. It's unusual in that it sits on Ford's F53 22,500 lb chassis while the vast majority of Treks are on the Workhorse chassis. I'm partial to the F53 and it's been trouble free - just like my previous MH (a 2001 Residency). When we bought the Trek it only had 5023 miles on it as I drove it away from the previous owner even though it was 10 yrs old. The story I got was that the original owner's wife became ill right after they got it so it set for 10 years in storage. He then traded it for a class B and the dealer went all through it. Replaced all the tires and batteries, smoke, propane and CO monitors and the slide out toppers fabric. It was in great shape except for the paint crazing as has been discussed. 2004 was the first year Monaco changed from aluminum skin to the fiberglass laminate exterior. I had to have the tops of the caps repainted because the clearcoat was peeling and it looks pretty good now. That peeling will probably appear in other areas as time goes by. Lots of RV with full body paint experience that problem. It's sad to see once beautiful RVs with the paint going bad. There's business opportunity for somebody there.

I've been motorhoming since the 70's when I was the mechanic for my folk's motorhomes and got to use it when they weren't. In their later years, I was their chauffeur too. I've been very successful (and lucky) in avoiding taking any of those in for service - except for the multiple recalls on Norcold's 1200 refrigerators in the Residency.

I was active on the Trek forum but like I've heard from others, I didn't care for the operators and finally decided I had to move on. I really like the look and feel of this phpBB board and hope to be able to contribute as much as ask about.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it,
Don
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'15 Malibu 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System