Levelers Up and Warning Beep Continues

Quenching your thirst for electro-hydraulic discussion
eneriksen

Re: Levelers Up and Warning Beep Continues

Post by eneriksen »

This is an older thread but then, so are our rigs. I have this same issue on a 1990 Serengeti 38ft diesel. I have found the pump/reservoir hiding on the driver's front side almost behind the left front wheel and directly above the brake master/booster. At the top of what appears to be a reservoir integrated with the pump there is a cap that unscrews to add fluid. It is only about two inches from the top of the wheel opening so you cannot easily check the level. Not sure if it takes DOT 3 or Dex III

Would anyone have any insight into this model?
chuckster

Post by chuckster »

Along the lines of “beeping”, I always get some beeping when the coach is going up a driveway or I go over a bump at a slow turn that causes the coach to rock left or right slightly even though the jacks are up and the RVA jack console has all the switches off. Although annoying at times, I suppose this is “normal” eh? Just wondering why they enabled this.
Chuck & Mitzi
'01 Safari Zanzibar 3646 (side entry)
Cat 3126B / Allison MD3060
Magnum M-Series "Blue Max" chassis
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland toad
alnleslie27RB

Post by alnleslie27RB »

It may be the sensor. YouTube guy azexpert showed how to replace it. The float soaks up oil over time.
Al & Leslie Richards
2006 Safari TREK
Workhorse 8.1 / Allison 6 Speed
eneriksen

Post by eneriksen »

Thanks to these threads I no longer have to listen to the warning buzzer. Mine is a 90-91 Serengeti 38ft diesel on some sort of a GM chassis. I found that my leveler is an integrated pump/reservoir near the top of the wheel well behind the front driver's side wheel, just above the brake booster/master. There is a fill cap on the top but too high up to check inside so I took a shot and started adding 4 ounces of fluid at a time until the buzzing stopped. I do not actually need the levelers now so I will do a more scientific approach in the future when I actually start using it. But for now... silence...
KG6ROB

Post by KG6ROB »

The leveling/slide pump tank has a filler cap with a dip stick on it. Lower the front jack 6 inches and add hydraulic fluid slowly until the beeping stops then replace the cap and raise the jack completely. That is the procedure from RVA.