1999 Safari Trek Levelers Question

Quenching your thirst for electro-hydraulic discussion
Gregory.H

1999 Safari Trek Levelers Question

Post by Gregory.H »

Hi All!
We are new to the Trek world, just bought a 1999 Safari Trek Pathmaker Vortec 2480.
I can't seem to get the levelers to work. The switches light up and when I hit a switch for up or down, they make a sound outside but nothing moves. The old manual says to put the key in the Accessory position but I can't get it into that (push key in and turn towards you), so I've tried it in all the other positions plus while running and still nada. Fluid is full in the back trunk, so that's okay. But it seems weird that it sounds like they are working... Any knowledge from this great group of veteran Treksters would be much appreciated!
Thanks!
Greg
Rudyman

Re: 1999 Safari Trek Levelers Question

Post by Rudyman »

Hey Greg,

Did you ever figure out what the issue was?? I am having the same issue.

Thanks

Ken
Safariowner

Post by Safariowner »

Good morning.
I assume you have the RVA system that we have on our coaches. Two cheap things to check:
1. The fluid for this system is not tied into any other system. The fill for the levelers is on the top of the unit. Mine have all been hard to get to. Without fluid it won't work.
2. There are three valves that can be opened on the valve unit. These are so that you can manually release and raise each leg of the levelers in case of a malfunction. If they have been left open then the levelers will get no fluid pressure and will not go down. Make sure they are closed.
Hope this helps.
Ed
Ed and Brenda
1999 4006 Continental
Ex: 1998 3706 Serengeti
Ex: 1993 33' Serengeti
Rudyman

Post by Rudyman »

Thank you Ed for the quick response. I will look into this tomorrow.
Best Regards

Ken
Gregory.H

Post by Gregory.H »

We did figure it out finally... it was a connection under the dash that had come loose. It was waaaaay too simple!!