Hello to the new group...

If it's not Safari technical material, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it here!
Domnierp

Hello to the new group...

Post by Domnierp »

Wishing all a good evening..
We are new to the safari world less than a year.
Hoping this takes off for another 20 years of help to the future owners of these wonderful safari coaches
Don and Tracy
1996 safari Serengeti
Cat motor allison tranny
Prospector Gary

Re: Hello to the new group...

Post by Prospector Gary »

Hi,

Really great to know we will have this to replace the old grouo that served us for so many years.

First question for the new site?

Can someone with a 96 safari post some info on the valves that turn the individual outlets on inside the coach? I'm trying to winterize my coach and discovered the legends for each valve is no longer readable. These are the exterior valves that are in the same bay that contains the connection for the exterior water connection.

Would really be helpful !!!!

Gary
96 Safari purchased NEW.
TDJohn

Post by TDJohn »

Prospector Gary wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:40 am Hi,

Really great to know we will have this to replace the old grouo that served us for so many years.

Can someone with a 96 safari post some info on the valves that turn the individual outlets on inside the coach? I'm trying to winterize my coach and discovered the legends for each valve is no longer readable. These are the exterior valves that are in the same bay that contains the connection for the exterior water connection.

Gary
96 Safari purchased NEW.
Gary,

I have an older coach, so my water bay valves are very different then the ones you have, so I can't help you, but I would suggest re-posting your question by starting a new topic, and hopefully someone with a similar coach will be able to help you.
I know Mel S. has a coach the same year as your, so he might be able to help you...
John
'95 Serengeti, Cummins C8.3-300
Allison 6spd.
stuplich@ymail.com

Post by stuplich@ymail.com »

TDJohn wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:18 pm
Prospector Gary wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:40 am Hi,
Gary
96 Safari purchased NEW.
Gary,
I have an older coach, so my water bay valves are very different then the ones you have, so I can't help you, but I would suggest re-posting your question by starting a new topic, and hopefully someone with a similar coach will be able to help you.
I know Mel S. has a coach the same year as your, so he might be able to help you...
Gary
If you where here you could look at my water manifold layout ...however I can't take/post pictures.
Sorry.
However someone with a like coach, and computer smarts, is sure to see this and post a pic.
Mel
'96 Sahara 3530, mine since '01
250 hp 3126 Cat, MD3060 Allison
dsandifer

Post by dsandifer »

1997 Safari Sahara
Cat Diesel
Color Green and Silver
Painting on Back is Orca's

Hello All
Just saw the new group here and its fantastic! Look forward to talking with all of you

Be Safe on the Roads
Don Sandifer
TDJohn

Post by TDJohn »

"
Gary
If you where here you could look at my water manifold layout ...however I can't take/post pictures.
Sorry.
However someone with a like coach, and computer smarts, is sure to see this and post a pic.

Mel
[/quote]

Mel,

As of writing this post, Brian has turned on the picture attachment feature, so try posting some pictures. If you still can't figure it out, contact Brian (administrator) or email me the photos and I will try to post them...
John
'95 Serengeti, Cummins C8.3-300
Allison 6spd.
stuplich@ymail.com

No way (was: Hello to the new group...)

Post by stuplich@ymail.com »

TDJohn wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:17 pm
Mel,
As of writing this post, Brian has turned on the picture attachment feature, so try posting some pictures. If you still can't figure it out, contact Brian (administrator) or email me the photos and I will try to post them...
John
Unfortunately I have no digital device with which to take pictures.

As a test I copied an existing online picture and then then tried to post it here...no luck... but posting the "image location":
( https://www.staticwhich.co.uk/media/ima ... 417039.jpg ), did work.
Mel
'96 Sahara 3530, mine since '01
250 hp 3126 Cat, MD3060 Allison
wolfe10

Post by wolfe10 »

Thanks for your hard work.

Safari owners have needed a "new home" since Yahoo shut down!
Brett and Dianne Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'. Ex 1997 Safari Sahara. Ex 1993 Foretravel U240
Moderator, FMCA Forums 2009-2020
Chairman, FMCA Technical Advisory Committee 2011- 2020
Moderator, http://www.dieselrvclub.org/ (FMCA chapter) 2002-
RSBILLEDWARDS

Post by RSBILLEDWARDS »

Hey Wolfe...now would be a good time to “re-invest” in a Safari since you are not on a boat... :D 8-) smiles do not work... glad you are still participating. B