What is the Safari model lineup or hierarchy?

If it's not Safari technical material, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it here!
stuplich@ymail.com

Safari "Option Packages" (What is the Safari model lineup or hierarchy?)

Post by stuplich@ymail.com »

TDJohn wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:33 am Mike,
SMC introduced the Sahara model around '94ish, by '95 for sure. During the mid to late 90s, before the Zanzibar and Cheetah were made, the line up of the SMC diesel pusher coaches was (going from least costly, to most costly) Sahara, Serengeti, and Continental.
BTW, even though, in your post, SMC mentions the Ivory being a sibling to the Serengeti, looking at many brochures, it stated that the Ivory package was an option, meaning that it was a decked out Serengeti, kind of like the Panther was a decked out/monster engine Continental.
TDJohn
According to what is written on my front firewall, (behind the hood door/driver side), SMC built my Sahara with 2 "option packages":
the Nomad package and the Sultan package.

NADA Guides has adders for 4 different Safari option packages: 1.) Gold Coast, 2.) Nomad, 3.) Pathmaker, 4.) Sultan
(See "Packages Series" here: https://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/1996/Safari )

Before you ask ...NO, I don't know what any of those option packages added to the basic 3530 Sahara, (but it is something I would like to know).
Mel
'96 Sahara 3530, mine since '01
250 hp 3126 Cat, MD3060 Allison
curry

Re: What is the Safari model lineup or hierarchy?

Post by curry »

Once again people have forgotten that Safari also built Class-C rigs. Not very many left.