Original Safari Friends messages, 20 yrs

If it's not Safari technical material, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it here!
Safaritoonces

Original Safari Friends messages, 20 yrs

Post by Safaritoonces »

I posted the following in response to another members question related to the archive of all this forums messages for the last 20 years. I think this information was not as visible as it could be, so I am posting this again as a new separate topic. The purpose being to generate awareness that the expertise and extensive knowledge of many members has been saved, however that information is not yet available on this site. This is not a criticism or even a comment it is simply a point mentioned to move upon if so desired, or not. Here is the basis of the post.
I am guessing here but you might be referencing a post I started related to saving all the site content. This was done and the links were posted. There is a caveat however, to access the old posts of the last 20 years you will need to use a pc program called pgoffline. You can use the link below to find the presentation.

https://safaritoonces.org

That being said, there is an important alternative. I came across a post to the author of the above software from another Yahoo group forum that received assistance moving all their old messages over to the same software platform that we are now using. The cost was $100 US. I don't know if this is currently an option but if approved by the moderators I can look into it.

We / some of us, could each put in $5 and get this done if this is still something the developer will still do and if the cost hasn't changed.

In my observation a possible reason this site has dropped in posts and members commenting is because the posts detailing 20 yrs of experience and expertise is missing. I posted this in the past but it has not received the go ahead.
Robert and Bev Lewis
2000 Safari Continental, since 2017
3126B Cat, 330hp
MD3060 Allison
Bowen Island, BC

https://safaritoonces.org/