New to this Forum and Like it Very Much!

If it's not Safari technical material, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it here!
Moonwink

New to this Forum and Like it Very Much!

Post by Moonwink »

I've been on a lot of RV forums (RV.net, Trek Tracks, IRV2 and few others and I'd like to say this site is the best looking and easiest to learn and work with of any of the others. I realize you folks are mostly driving Safari MHs but I hope there's room for this Trekker. TrekTracks has a lot of good people as members but let's end my comments there. It's too bad they didn't go with phpBB instead of SMF as I prefer this platform much more. I think I've found a new hangout.
Thank you to all who make it possible!
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'15 Malibu 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System
safari-admin
Site Admin

Re: New to this Forum and Like it Very Much!

Post by safari-admin »

Welcome aboard Don, and thanks for the kind words! I hope you'll find Safarifriends to be helpful, and Trekkers are always welcome. Heck, if enough Trekkers sign up, we might have to create a subforum dedicated to the Trek platform! :D

This phpBB system is the successor to the former Safari Friends Yahoo Groups forum that basically ceased operations last year. It was deployed by volunteer group members with the goal of preserving as much content as possible from the Yahoo group and giving it a permanent new home. It's funded, hosted and operated by Safari enthusiasts rather than a large corporate sponsor that may find groups such as these to be a poor business case for their financial goals -- as Yahoo/Verizon did. Another goal was to keep things simple and easy to use, something the Yahoo group struggled with during its lifetime. As with most hurry-up projects, there were bugs and glitches in the beginning, mostly around learning the new-to-us phpBB software, but things have settled down and forum admins/moderators work to keep things running smoothly.

There is a wealth of technical knowledge and expertise here that, while mainly concerned with Safari motorhomes, can frequently be equally well applied to any RV. The archive of Safari Friends content from the Yahoo group goes back to its beginnings in 2000, but you've undoubtedly noticed that there is substantial new content just since we brought this forum online in October 2019. And we're always open to new tips and tricks.

Take care, stay safe in these COVID-19 times, and reach out if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Safari-Admin
stuplich@ymail.com

Post by stuplich@ymail.com »

Moonwink wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 11:10 pm I've been on a lot of RV forums (RV.net, Trek Tracks, IRV2 and few others and I'd like to say this site is the best looking and easiest to learn and work with of any of the others. I realize you folks are mostly driving Safari MHs but I hope there's room for this Trekker. TrekTracks has a lot of good people as members but let's end my comments there. It's too bad they didn't go with phpBB instead of SMF as I prefer this platform much more. I think I've found a new hangout.
Moonwink
Welcome to the best "Safari Specific Site" since Yahoo discontinued hosting groups.

Much about Safari Treks also applies to most other Safari coaches and vice versa...(that's why a I also read and occasionally post to TrekTracks) .

I too thank everyone who make this site possible.
Mel
'96 Sahara 3530, mine since '01
250 hp 3126 Cat, MD3060 Allison
stuplich@ymail.com

Post by stuplich@ymail.com »

stuplich@ymail.com wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:08 pm
Moonwink wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 11:10 pm I've been on a lot of RV forums (RV.net, Trek Tracks, IRV2 and few others and I'd like to say this site is the best looking and easiest to learn and work with of any of the others. I realize you folks are mostly driving Safari MHs but I hope there's room for this Trekker. TrekTracks has a lot of good people as members but let's end my comments there. It's too bad they didn't go with phpBB instead of SMF as I prefer this platform much more. I think I've found a new hangout.
Moonwink
Welcome to the best "Safari Specific Site" since Yahoo discontinued hosting groups.

Much about Safari Treks also applies to most other Safari coaches and vice versa...(that's why a I also read and occasionally post to TrekTracks) .

BTW I'm happy to see that safarifrinds.org, (since replacing the Yahoo group), allows discussions of subjects other than "ONLY Safari repairs".

I too thank everyone who make this site possible.
Mel
'96 Sahara 3530, mine since '01
250 hp 3126 Cat, MD3060 Allison