Cannot send private message

If it's not Safari technical material, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it here!
chuckster

Cannot send private message

Post by chuckster »

Hi.

Anyone else having this problem? I try to send a private message and it gets stuck in the ‘outbox’ folder and never goes into the ‘sent messages’ folder.

Regards,
Chuck & Mitzi
'01 Safari Zanzibar 3646 (side entry)
Cat 3126B / Allison MD3060
Magnum M-Series "Blue Max" chassis
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland toad
TDJohn

Re: Cannot send private message

Post by TDJohn »

Chuck,

I have had this issue. From my experience, it appears that the not stays in the outbox until the recipient opens the sent message. I think the bigger issue is most people don't check their notifications in the upper left corner, that notifies them that they received a private message. The best I can suggest is to post a message on the related thread, notifying the individual you sent the PM to, that you sent them a PM, and if they could please reply.
John
'95 Serengeti, Cummins C8.3-300
Allison 6spd.
05wingrider

Post by 05wingrider »

Since I fill in as a moderator here, I'm not 100% certain if the option of clicking on the individual's name and sending an email to them is available or not (some of the screens do strange things now for me now because of that). I know it shows up for me, but I can't remember if it did prior to my volunteering to help out with the board or not! I've found some video's to watch that will possibly give me a little bit better understanding of how this all works to better help out (minimal as it may be). I do know that even as a moderator, some of my messages seem to stay in the outbox as well, but since almost every one of them was because of misuse of the board or spam, chances are those individual emails were probably false ones anyhow so hard for me to tell for certain.
Duane
96 Sahara 30', 250hp Cat 3126
Allison 6spd MD-3060
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk "Toad"
Spokane WA
chuckster

Post by chuckster »

05wingrider wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:29 am Since I fill in as a moderator here, I'm not 100% certain if the option of clicking on the individual's name and sending an email to them is available or not (some of the screens do strange things now for me now because of that). I know it shows up for me, but I can't remember if it did prior to my volunteering to help out with the board or not! I've found some video's to watch that will possibly give me a little bit better understanding of how this all works to better help out (minimal as it may be). I do know that even as a moderator, some of my messages seem to stay in the outbox as well, but since almost every one of them was because of misuse of the board or spam, chances are those individual emails were probably false ones anyhow so hard for me to tell for certain.
Hi Brett (wolfe10)

I replied to your PM you sent me. Can you check your Inbox and see if it is there? It is on my ‘Outbox’ so I have no way of knowing if it was actually sent.
The message that I typed in the PM says “sent at March 8 at 7:15AM PDT”

Duane (05wingrider)

I also sent you one that says “Did you get this”?

Regards,
Chuck & Mitzi
'01 Safari Zanzibar 3646 (side entry)
Cat 3126B / Allison MD3060
Magnum M-Series "Blue Max" chassis
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland toad