Re: Steps

Staging area for content imported from the old Yahoo group. This forum is LOCKED. Moderators may edit content and relocate to other forums as appropriate.
svenbeck@rocketmail.com

Post by svenbeck@rocketmail.com »

'Sorry, thought I had.  It is a '96 Sahara.'
israndy

Post by israndy »

jakejbelisle

Post by jakejbelisle »

'
If you don't get an answer here you can always phone ASV. I have done this a few times and was surprised that the Safari knowledge base still exists. Some of the older  guys who originally worked for SMC and probably built your Safari  are still employed by ASV/Navistar/Monaco. They also kept all the documentation including diagrams for our older models. You can find the numbers to phone by going on the Monaco website).
Jake
Safari Zanzibar 2002 (last year built by SMC on Magnum chassis)

'
svenbeck@rocketmail.com

'
Thanks jakejbelisle, I will check that.

'
stuplich@ymail.com

Steps

Post by stuplich@ymail.com »

'Sven
First I have to say that the following is true of my coach and may not apply to yours,..and that my Kwikee steps are working as they are supposed to.

In my Coach:
All of the fuses in FB1 are powered by the CHASSIS battery.... and are ONLY "HOT" if/when the ignition switch is ON.
Fuse #9 in FB1 powers/protects the PacBrake/air horn pump.... AND what Safari calls the "last-out" function of the Kwikee steps, (which causes the steps to retract whenever the ignition key is ON)...
Fuse 9 in FB1 has ONLY one wire attached, (that one wire is red).

BTW, all other functions of the Kwikee step are powered by the HOUSE batteries, (through fuse #21 in FB3)...... FB3 is ALWAYS "HOT",... (whether the ignition key is OFF or ON... and no matter the position of the "salesman switch").

I hope that helps.

Mel
'96 Sahara, 3530'
Mel
'96 Sahara 3530, mine since '01
250 hp 3126 Cat, MD3060 Allison
svenbeck@rocketmail.com

'
Thanks for the reply, Mel.  What puzzles me is that fuse 9 protects two things (step and air horn pump), but only one wire.  I recall reading that there was an inline fuse, in addition to the #9 and that it was a yellow wire.  Does the "last out" wire connect somewhere else to the red wire and is the in line fuse there to keep the other (#9) from melting further down the line?
I'm expecting the new series 40 steps with motor and controler to arrive Thursday, so hopefully there will be some resolution.
Sven

'
jujubug0704@yahoo.com

Steps

Post by jujubug0704@yahoo.com »

'Can anyone please help me out. I need to know where the switch for the steps is located that locks and unlocks steps when parked.Thanks Dona 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android'
mtdansample

Post by mtdansample »

'On my 1993 Continental the switch is in the door frame where the edge of the door pushes  on it.  A couple of inches above the bottom.

Unfortunately there are many other things which may be wrong and may mimic the behavior of a bad switch.

Please state the year and model of your motorhome, so someone with a similar coach can respond

Dan Sample   1993 Continental   Cummings 8.3'
Knollibe

Post by Knollibe »

'On my 96 Sahara the magnetic switch is located on left lower doorframe. The magnet is on screen door.  There is another off on switch by control panel above my door. 

Dwayne Knoll
On Apr 10, 2016, at 1:01 PM, 'jujubug0704@...' jujubug0704@... [Safarifriends] wrote:
Can anyone please help me out. I need to know where the switch for the steps is located that locks and unlocks steps when parked.Thanks Dona 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android '
Dwayne
1996 safari Sahara since 2010
Chev Colorado zr2 toad, electric pedego bikes.
3rd motorhome.
mjmokiej

Post by mjmokiej »

'A toggle switch above the door generally speaking...'