2008 safari compression toy hauler

Staging area for content imported from the old Yahoo group. This forum is LOCKED. Moderators may edit content and relocate to other forums as appropriate.
progt4me

2008 safari compression toy hauler

Post by progt4me »

'hello
i am trying to find someone who has a 2008 safari compression owners manual for a gas coach,mine is the workhorse chassis.
i love this coach ,i have already been from here to santa anna,to new jersey,then the next year went from jersey to sturgis to ride my bike then went to see ole faithfull while we were out that way.
i love my coach its the best thing i ever bought!!!

so if you know of anyone who has an owners manual for a 2008 safari compression,workhorse chassis please help me if you can thanx

nick'
Al

Re: 2008 safari compression toy hauler

Post by Al »

'Good Morning Nick. It was good talking to you yesterday and now that I am at my computer, I did a google search for owners manuals. I did not find any listings for the actual manuals, but I did find one unit for sale. It is listed at Spirit RV Center in New Jersey. They may have the manual and be able to copy it (for a fee). Here is a link to their site and ad: http://www.spiritrvcenter.com/2008-safari-compression-37sbd-used-toy-hauler-nj-i29561

Hope you are successful in your searches.

Al Wilson
--- In Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com, "progt4me" wrote:
>
> hello
> i am trying to find someone who has a 2008 safari compression owners manual for a gas coach,mine is the workhorse chassis.
> i love this coach ,i have already been from here to santa anna,to new jersey,then the next year went from jersey to sturgis to ride my bike then went to see ole faithfull while we were out that way.
> i love my coach its the best thing i ever bought!!!
>
> so if you know of anyone who has an owners manual for a 2008 safari compression,workhorse chassis please help me if you can thanx
>
> nick
>
'
BILL SEIDLER

Post by BILL SEIDLER »

' '
Gary Smith

Post by Gary Smith »

'Bill,What part of the USA are you in?  May be able to suggest quality suspension shops.

Sent from Gary's iPhone
On Oct 22, 2011, at 9:58 AM, BILL SEIDLER wrote:

To all:

I probably can't help Nick.

But I have a 2008 Simba FRED toyhauler and am looking for other owners. By the detail of the owner's manual, I gather there were at least 3 models, but I have yet to find anyone else.
I have the Freightliner chassis, leaf springs, new Monroe gas struts, new Michelin ZXC tires, and Cummins 6.0 and Allison 5 speed. The back room holds a 1200# Gold Wing trike which Monaco and Freightliner should have no effect on ride.

In particular, I'm hoping for help with the ride: it sways and porpoises way more than is surely acceptable to most folks.
Any help would be appreciated.

Bill Seidler

To: Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 14:38:06 +0000
Subject: [Safarifriends] Re: 2008 safari compression toy hauler

Good Morning Nick. It was good talking to you yesterday and now that I am at my computer, I did a google search for owners manuals. I did not find any listings for the actual manuals, but I did find one unit for sale. It is listed at Spirit RV Center in New Jersey. They may have the manual and be able to copy it (for a fee). Here is a link to their site and ad: http://www.spiritrvcenter.com/2008-safari-compression-37sbd-used-toy-hauler-nj-i29561

Hope you are successful in your searches.

Al Wilson

--- In Safarifriends%40yahoogroups.com, "progt4me" wrote:
>
> hello
> i am trying to find someone who has a 2008 safari compression owners manual for a gas coach,mine is the workhorse chassis.
> i love this coach ,i have already been from here to santa anna,to new jersey,then the next year went from jersey to sturgis to ride my bike then went to see ole faithfull while we were out that way.
>
> so if you know of anyone who has an owners manual for a 2008 safari compression,workhorse chassis please help me if you can thanx
>
> nick
>

'
BILL SEIDLER

Post by BILL SEIDLER »

' '
ART

Post by ART »

'I hate to ask, but just for my own education, what is a 2008 Safari "compression"?   Art, 96 Seren, 3750, 3126
--- On Thu, 10/20/11, progt4me wrote:

Subject: [Safarifriends] 2008 safari compression toy hauler
To: Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, October 20, 2011, 9:11 PM

hello
i am trying to find someone who has a 2008 safari compression owners manual for a gas coach,mine is the workhorse chassis.
i love this coach ,i have already been from here to santa anna,to new jersey,then the next year went from jersey to sturgis to ride my bike then went to see ole faithfull while we were out that way.
i love my coach its the best thing i ever bought!!!

so if you know of anyone who has an owners manual for a 2008 safari compression,workhorse chassis please help me if you can thanx

nick

'
Gary Smith

Post by Gary Smith »

'The archives from the Monaco years of Safari can be found on the website: http://www.safarimotorcoaches.com/ In 2008 there were two different Compression models, on gas and the other a front diesel. So the Compression is just another model of a particular year's Safari, as your 1996 Serengetti was.
Gary
--- In Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com, ART wrote:
>
> I hate to ask, but just for my own education, what is a 2008 Safari "compression"?
>  
> Art, 96 Seren, 3750, 3126
>
>
> --- On Thu, 10/20/11, progt4me wrote:
>
>
> From: progt4me
> Subject: [Safarifriends] 2008 safari compression toy hauler
> To: Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Thursday, October 20, 2011, 9:11 PM
>
>
>
>  
>
>
>
> hello
>
>
> nick
>
'
david

Post by david »

'Good Morning, everyone!

New to the forum, and I can already (probably) help out here. The wife and I recently upgraded from a gasoline powered 2006 Four Winds Chateau Super C class to a 2007 Safari Cheetah. In the paperwork for the coach was a 2006 owners manual - yes, it made me scratch my head, too - so I went on a quest to obtain a 2007 model year owners manual.

The archives on the Safari Motorchoach website allows you to obtain manual addendum's and sales brochures. I wasn't able to find anything more, so I followed this link to the Monaco RV website and used their contact us form to ask for a manual.

http://www.monacorv.com/monacorv/contact

I directed my inquiry using "Other" as the related to category on the web form. A couple of days later, I received a polite email asking where to mail a CD with the manual in PDF form - no charge.

Best of luck to you, Nick.

David
--- In Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Smith" wrote:
>
> The archives from the Monaco years of Safari can be found on the website: http://www.safarimotorcoaches.com/ In 2008 there were two different Compression models, on gas and the other a front diesel. So the Compression is just another model of a particular year's Safari, as your 1996 Serengetti was.
> Gary
>
> --- In Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com, ART wrote:
> >
> > I hate to ask, but just for my own education, what is a 2008 Safari "compression"?
> >  
> > Art, 96 Seren, 3750, 3126
> >
> >
> > --- On Thu, 10/20/11, progt4me wrote:
> >
> >
> > From: progt4me
> > Subject: [Safarifriends] 2008 safari compression toy hauler
> > To: Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com
> > Date: Thursday, October 20, 2011, 9:11 PM
> >
> >
> >
> >  
> >
> >
> >
> > hello
> > i am trying to find someone who has a 2008 safari compression owners manual for a gas coach,mine is the workhorse chassis.
> > i love this coach ,i have already been from here to santa anna,to new jersey,then the next year went from jersey to sturgis to ride my bike then went to see ole faithfull while we were out that way.
> > i love my coach its the best thing i ever bought!!!
> >
> > so if you know of anyone who has an owners manual for a 2008 safari compression,workhorse chassis please help me if you can thanx
> >
> > nick
> >
>
'
Ron Lane

Post by Ron Lane »

'I've always thought the name "Compression" was a strange name for a motorcoach model name. It just doesn't fit the normal scheme of names that Safari has used in the past.

Did you buy your Compression new? It should have come with an owner's manual. If you purchased used, can't you contact the previous owner and ask him/her if they still have it? Have you tried contacting Monaco? Dumb questions, I know. Sorry.

Ron
--- In Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Smith" wrote:
>
> The archives from the Monaco years of Safari can be found on the website: http://www.safarimotorcoaches.com/ In 2008 there were two different Compression models, on gas and the other a front diesel. So the Compression is just another model of a particular year's Safari, as your 1996 Serengetti was.
> Gary
>
> --- In Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com, ART wrote:
> >
> > I hate to ask, but just for my own education, what is a 2008 Safari "compression"?
> >  
> > Art, 96 Seren, 3750, 3126
> >
> >
> > --- On Thu, 10/20/11, progt4me wrote:
> >
> >
> > From: progt4me
> > Subject: [Safarifriends] 2008 safari compression toy hauler
> > To: Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com
> > Date: Thursday, October 20, 2011, 9:11 PM
> >
> >
> >
> >  
> >
> >
> >
> > hello
> > i am trying to find someone who has a 2008 safari compression owners manual for a gas coach,mine is the workhorse chassis.
> > i love this coach ,i have already been from here to santa anna,to new jersey,then the next year went from jersey to sturgis to ride my bike then went to see ole faithfull while we were out that way.
> > i love my coach its the best thing i ever bought!!!
> >
> > so if you know of anyone who has an owners manual for a 2008 safari compression,workhorse chassis please help me if you can thanx
> >
> > nick
> >
>
'
PETER GUZMAN

Post by PETER GUZMAN »

'
Hi... you could send an email to Monaco and they may have what you are looking for...
I did a while ago and they sent me what I needed.Monaco ;

Fulltimers-Currently traveling around USA-In Durham, NC..
Regards,
Peter G....
08 Cheetah/Safari'