Re: Report from the Diesel Shop Fuel Pump is bad

Staging area for content imported from the old Yahoo group. This forum is LOCKED. Moderators may edit content and relocate to other forums as appropriate.
Jeff Travasos

Post by Jeff Travasos »

OK guys.  A bit more info for you.  The code that he has pulled is 329.  Does that help any of you with this puzzle. 

He said that the coach is services and new fuel filters are in.  I could come by and get it and run it to see if that fixed the problem.  I told him that I can not do that today but would consider that. 

He is looking at a rebuilt pump for me and also looking for a place that may me less expensive. 

Hope with the code please.
Jeff

On Thursday, March 24, 2016 10:06 AM, "'nanandpete@...' nanandpete@... [Safarifriends]" wrote:

Boy, that is expensive, the computer cost only $3000. Pete, '99 sahara, 30'
To: "yahoogroups"
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2016 3:49:17 PM
Subject: [Safarifriends] Report from the Diesel Shop Fuel Pump is bad

Report from them is the Fuel Pump needs to be replaced.  Quote for the part $5500.OUCH OUCH.  Can they be rebuilt.  
Any advise would be appreciated.
Thanks2002 Safari Sahara 350 Cummings
Knollibe

Post by Knollibe »

I jumped in late. Please provide engine make and year and model. 

Dwayne Knoll
On Mar 24, 2016, at 9:00 AM, Jeff Travasos jeff.travasos@... [Safarifriends] wrote:
OK guys.  A bit more info for you.  The code that he has pulled is 329.  Does that help any of you with this puzzle. 

He said that the coach is services and new fuel filters are in.  I could come by and get it and run it to see if that fixed the problem.  I told him that I can not do that today but would consider that. 

He is looking at a rebuilt pump for me and also looking for a place that may me less expensive. 

Jeff

On Thursday, March 24, 2016 10:06 AM, "'nanandpete@...' nanandpete@... [Safarifriends]" wrote:

Report from them is the Fuel Pump needs to be replaced.  Quote for the part $5500.OUCH OUCH.  Can they be rebuilt.  
Dwayne
1996 safari Sahara since 2010
Chev Colorado zr2 toad, electric pedego bikes.
3rd motorhome.
Jeff Travasos

Post by Jeff Travasos »

My coach is 2002 Sahara with a 350HP Cummings.  Hope that helps.

On Thursday, March 24, 2016 11:41 AM, "Knollibe knollibe@... [Safarifriends]" wrote:

Dwayne Knoll

On Mar 24, 2016, at 9:00 AM, Jeff Travasos jeff.travasos@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

Jeff

Tommy D Galloway

Post by Tommy D Galloway »

I did not know these coaches ever had the option of having Cummings engines.
Tommy Galloway
1994 Safari Kalahari
6.5TD

From: Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com]

Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2016 12:46 PM
To: Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Safarifriends] Report from the Diesel Shop Fuel Pump is bad

My coach is 2002 Sahara with a 350HP Cummings.  Hope that helps.

On Thursday, March 24, 2016 11:41 AM, "Knollibe
knollibe@... [Safarifriends]" wrote:

Dwayne Knoll

He said that the coach is services and new fuel filters are in.  I could come by and get it and run it to see if that fixed the problem. 
I told him that I can not do that today but would consider that. 

Jeff

On Thursday, March 24, 2016 10:06 AM, "'nanandpete@...'
nanandpete@... [Safarifriends]" wrote:

"Jeff Travasos jeff.travasos@... [Safarifriends]"

Report from them is the Fuel Pump needs to be replaced.  Quote for the part $5500.

OUCH OUCH.  Can they be rebuilt.  

Thanks

2002 Safari Sahara 350 Cummings

Jeff Travasos

Post by Jeff Travasos »

Yep Tommy G that is what is in my coach.

On Thursday, March 24, 2016 1:27 PM, "Tommy D Galloway tommy.d.galloway@... [Safarifriends]" wrote:

I did not know these coaches ever had the option of having Cummings engines. Tommy Galloway 1994 Safari Kalahari 6.5TD  

Subject: Re: [Safarifriends] Report from the Diesel Shop Fuel Pump is bad     My coach is 2002 Sahara with a 350HP Cummings.  Hope that helps.   On Thursday, March 24, 2016 11:41 AM, "Knollibe knollibe@... [Safarifriends]" wrote:     I jumped in late. Please provide engine make and year and model. 

Dwayne Knoll  
OK guys.  A bit more info for you.  The code that he has pulled is 329.  Does that help any of you with this puzzle.    He said that the coach is services and new fuel filters are in.  I could come by and get it and run it to see if that fixed the problem.  I told him that I can not do that today but would consider that.    He is looking at a rebuilt pump for me and also looking for a place that may me less expensive.    Hope with the code please.   Jeff   On Thursday, March 24, 2016 10:06 AM, "'nanandpete@...' nanandpete@... [Safarifriends]" wrote:     Boy, that is expensive, the computer cost only $3000. Pete, '99 sahara, 30' From: "Jeff Travasos jeff.travasos@... [Safarifriends]"
Subject: [Safarifriends] Report from the Diesel Shop Fuel Pump is bad Report from them is the Fuel Pump needs to be replaced.  Quote for the part $5500. OUCH OUCH.  Can they be rebuilt.     Any advise would be appreciated.   Thanks 2002 Safari Sahara 350 Cummings  

Gary Smith

Post by Gary Smith »

Cummins was used through the 1995 model year, then Cat until Cat stopped the over the road engine production and exhausted those engines.  Monaco started using the Cummins in the 2005 Safari Gazelle, but ran with the Cat in the other DP coaches with the Safari brand for a few more years, with a few exceptions.  Very early (pre-1990) production used a number of different chassis and engine combinations, including Ford gas engines, Detroit Diesel, etc.  The 1996 switch to Cat was because of the electronics, while Cummins was still mechanical, I believe.
On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 2:26 PM, Tommy D Galloway tommy.d.galloway@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

I did not know these coaches ever had the option of having Cummings engines. Tommy Galloway 1994 Safari Kalahari 6.5TD  

Subject: Re: [Safarifriends] Report from the Diesel Shop Fuel Pump is bad     My coach is 2002 Sahara with a 350HP Cummings.  Hope that helps.   On Thursday, March 24, 2016 11:41 AM, "Knollibe knollibe@... [Safarifriends]" wrote:     I jumped in late. Please provide engine make and year and model. 

Dwayne Knoll  
On Mar 24, 2016, at 9:00 AM, Jeff Travasos jeff.travasos@... [Safarifriends] wrote: OK guys.  A bit more info for you.  The code that he has pulled is 329.  Does that help any of you with this puzzle.    He said that the coach is services and new fuel filters are in.  I could come by and get it and run it to see if that fixed the problem.  I told him that I can not do that today but would consider that.    He is looking at a rebuilt pump for me and also looking for a place that may me less expensive.    Hope with the code please.   Jeff   On Thursday, March 24, 2016 10:06 AM, "'nanandpete@...' nanandpete@... [Safarifriends]" wrote:     Boy, that is expensive, the computer cost only $3000. Pete, '99 sahara, 30' From: "Jeff Travasos jeff.travasos@... [Safarifriends]"
Subject: [Safarifriends] Report from the Diesel Shop Fuel Pump is bad Report from them is the Fuel Pump needs to be replaced.  Quote for the part $5500. OUCH OUCH.  Can they be rebuilt.     Any advise would be appreciated.   Thanks 2002 Safari Sahara 350 Cummings  

mel96safari

Engine options (was:Report from the Diesel Shop Fuel Pump is bad)

Post by mel96safari »

Tommy G
I thought that the early Safari coaches had Cummins engines...
Safaris from '96 to 2000 had Caterpillar engines....
and Safari coaches built after SMC, Monaco Coach Corporation acquired SMC,(Safari Motor Coach), and Magnum Manufacturing, in 2001, where Cummins powered.

(What engine is in your 1994 Safari Kalahari? 
Mel
'96 Sahara, 3126 Cat

---In Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com, wrote :

I did not know these coaches ever had the option of having Cummings engines.Tommy Galloway1994 Safari Kalahari6.5TD  
Gary Smith

Re: Engine options (was:Report from the Diesel Shop Fuel Pump is bad

Post by Gary Smith »

I just got off the Safari International website.  The Cheetah continued using Cat engines into the 2007 model year.  Didn't look at the 2008 brochure to see what they had.  The Gazelle was Cummins powered (2005 only).  The 1994 Kalahari normally had the GM 6.5TD, and was the forerunner of the 1995 Treks on the GM chassis, when the Kalahari was discontinued.
On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 3:48 PM, stuplich@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

Tommy G
and Safari coaches built after SMC, Monaco Coach Corporation acquired SMC,(Safari Motor Coach), and Magnum Manufacturing, in 2001, where Cummins powered.

Mel
'96 Sahara, 3126 Cat

Tommy Galloway
1994 Safari Kalahari
6.5TD

TD

Re: Engine options (was:Report from the Diesel Shop Fuel Pump is bad

Post by TD »

Mel,

Look down at Tommy's signature, you will see that it's a GM 6.5L TD...
What good is putting the info in the signature if we don't look at that info? ;)   (just busting on you!)

John
'95 Safari Serengeti 38ft, 300 Cummins 8.3CTA, Allison
6spd.
On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 3:48 PM, stuplich@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

Tommy G

Mel
'96 Sahara, 3126 Cat

Tommy Galloway
1994 Safari Kalahari
6.5TD

Brian Harmon

Post by Brian Harmon »

Cummins diagnostics code 329 says "fuel system leakage error
On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 11:58 AM, Gary Smith trekker01@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

Cummins was used through the 1995 model year, then Cat until Cat stopped the over the road engine production and exhausted those engines.  Monaco started using the Cummins in the 2005 Safari Gazelle, but ran with the Cat in the other DP coaches with the Safari brand for a few more years, with a few exceptions.  Very early (pre-1990) production used a number of different chassis and engine combinations, including Ford gas engines, Detroit Diesel, etc.  The 1996 switch to Cat was because of the electronics, while Cummins was still mechanical, I believe.

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 2:26 PM, Tommy D Galloway tommy.d.galloway@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

Dwayne Knoll  
On Mar 24, 2016, at 9:00 AM, Jeff Travasos jeff.travasos@... [Safarifriends] wrote: OK guys.  A bit more info for you.  The code that he has pulled is 329.  Does that help any of you with this puzzle.    He said that the coach is services and new fuel filters are in.  I could come by and get it and run it to see if that fixed the problem.  I told him that I can not do that today but would consider that.    He is looking at a rebuilt pump for me and also looking for a place that may me less expensive.    Hope with the code please.   Jeff   On Thursday, March 24, 2016 10:06 AM, "'nanandpete@...' nanandpete@... [Safarifriends]" wrote:     Boy, that is expensive, the computer cost only $3000. Pete, '99 sahara, 30' From: "Jeff Travasos jeff.travasos@... [Safarifriends]"
Subject: [Safarifriends] Report from the Diesel Shop Fuel Pump is bad Report from them is the Fuel Pump needs to be replaced.  Quote for the part $5500. OUCH OUCH.  Can they be rebuilt.     Any advise would be appreciated.   Thanks 2002 Safari Sahara 350 Cummings