Re: Email replys

Staging area for content imported from the old Yahoo group. This forum is LOCKED. Moderators may edit content and relocate to other forums as appropriate.
billedwardsrs

Email replys

Post by billedwardsrs »

I have made a couple of replies to questions asked with respect first to the fellow that wanted to replace his headliner material and the another to the brake and seal problem. Neither have been posted for the group. Have I stepped where I should not have, given to much how to information or what. Have I violated any rules.

Bill Edwards
Knollibe

Post by Knollibe »

I am not the authority on this forum. But I feel it's always appropriate when one of our members chimes in and has some new information about safaris. I've been following the headliner read with great interest as I too have the same problem. 

Dwayne Knoll96 safari Sahara. 
On May 20, 2016, at 8:33 PM, billedwardsrs@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

I have made a couple of replies to questions asked with respect first to the fellow that wanted to replace his headliner material and the another to the brake and seal problem. Neither have been posted for the group. Have I stepped where I should not have, given to much how to information or what. Have I violated any rules.

Bill Edwards
Dwayne
1996 safari Sahara since 2010
Chev Colorado zr2 toad, electric pedego bikes.
3rd motorhome.
mtdansample

Post by mtdansample »

I'm not the authority, either but...
I think Bill's post have always been relevant, helpful and very good for the group.  They're VERY WELCOME to me.

There are some guidelines here
Yahoo Groups Guidelines Yahoo Groups Guidelines Yahoo Groups helps you connect with groups of people who share your interests and passions. We depend on each member to help keep it a safe, fun, and positive place for everyone. View on policies.yahoo.com Preview by Yahoo
  But I don't think they're meant to be absolute rules.

I also don't see that there is any requirement for someone to post a question before another member is allowed to post some useful material. 

Dan Sample
Gary Smith

Post by Gary Smith »

Bill,
If you read the group in your email, there are a couple options in the reply capability.  With one of them you are replying to the person and I believe it goes directly to the person's email, and not to the group.  Perhaps that is what you used and it will never show up in the group?  Just a guess.  Been a member here since 2000, and get all the postings by email.  I respond on occasion directly to some individuals I personally know, but more often to the group.  I can no longer sign into the group to read and explore the discussions or files (going back about 4 years) as I tried to unsubscribe from all my Yahoo groups to eliminate the spam I felt was coming because of it.  It blocked me from getting into the groups, but not from getting the member postings via email.  Go figure. This response is both to you personally and to the group.

Gary
On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 11:48 PM, Knollibe knollibe@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

I am not the authority on this forum. But I feel it's always appropriate when one of our members chimes in and has some new information about safaris. I've been following the headliner read with great interest as I too have the same problem. 

Bill Edwards
TD

Post by TD »

Gary and others,

I receive all my posts via email and reply via email, I rarely go on the actual group (only to view photos and such). I have never had issues of a reply not going through from my email, but on many occasions, I had various issues of replies not going through, or being very delayed, when I would reply via the actual yahoo group site. Yahoo does some weird stuff! My suggestion would be to set your settings to get all posts via email and then to reply via email. With this setup, you should have less issues and more importantly, if you save your emails, the posts you receive/send will never get deleted, even if the group would get shut down.

Gary mentioned that it seems like replies from direct email go to a certain member, I recently noticed that too. All replies go to member Dale Maggio. I also have not seen any posts from the group owner R. G. in a very long time, did he retire and pass on the torch to Dale??? Just wondering. In any case, I am very thankful to this site, its owner and all who help moderate it, and all who contribute the amazing wealth of information and make it the great site it is. Thank you!

Safe Travels,

John
'95 Safari Serengeti 38ft, 300 Cummins 8.3CTA, Allison
6spd.
On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 7:52 AM, Gary Smith trekker01@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

Bill,
If you read the group in your email, there are a couple options in the reply capability.  With one of them you are replying to the person and I believe it goes directly to the person's email, and not to the group.  Perhaps that is what you used and it will never show up in the group?  Just a guess.  Been a member here since 2000, and get all the postings by email.  I respond on occasion directly to some individuals I personally know, but more often to the group.  I can no longer sign into the group to read and explore the discussions or files (going back about 4 years) as I tried to unsubscribe from all my Yahoo groups to eliminate the spam I felt was coming because of it.  It blocked me from getting into the groups, but not from getting the member postings via email.  Go figure. This response is both to you personally and to the group.

Gary

Bill Edwards
Mr. G.

Post by Mr. G. »

Gary and others,

I receive all my posts via email and reply via email, I rarely go on the actual group (only to view photos and such). I have never had issues of a reply not going through from my email, but on many occasions, I had various issues of replies not going through, or being very delayed, when I would reply via the actual yahoo group site. Yahoo does some weird stuff! My suggestion would be to set your settings to get all posts via email and then to reply via email. With this setup, you should have less issues and more importantly, if you save your emails, the posts you receive/send will never get deleted, even if the group would get shut down.

Gary mentioned that it seems like replies from direct email go to a certain member, I recently noticed that too. All replies go to member Dale Maggio. I also have not seen any posts from the group owner R. G. in a very long time, did he retire and pass on the torch to Dale??? Just wondering. In any case, I am very thankful to this site, its owner and all who help moderate it, and all who contribute the amazing wealth of information and make it the great site it is. Thank you!

Safe Travels,

John
'95 Safari Serengeti 38ft, 300 Cummins 8.3CTA, Allison
6spd.
On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 7:52 AM, Gary Smith trekker01@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

Bill,

Gary

Bill Edwards
barry boyette

Post by barry boyette »

Mel has more tech savvy than most
Barry boyette 96 safari sahara 30

Sent from my iPad