Re: No house power

Staging area for content imported from the old Yahoo group. This forum is LOCKED. Moderators may edit content and relocate to other forums as appropriate.
bowhunter0608

No house power

Post by bowhunter0608 »

'
So got an odd one, got my sister staying in my motor home for a spell, she went to make a cup of coffee and blew the circuit breaker in the Garage. I flipped it back, but now there is no power to the front of the MH with the exception of the fridge. Furthermore, no power to the outlet that the TV is on, the outlet for the coffee make, micro and the back tv all are on the drivers side. No power to the front tv either or the wall lamps on either side, however there is power to the outlets under the table on the passenger side. All breakers in th RV are good. I can find no GFCI plug in the kitchen area at all.'
John Rowin

Post by John Rowin »

' I don’t know what you drive but there is a gfci outlet inside and up where the little sliding door is on the countertop between the sink and stove in the corner. Another in bathroom under cabinet. 
John & Martha Rowin 2000 Safari Continental 41 1/2’

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
On Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 6:06 PM, bowhunter0608@... [Safarifriends] wrote:  

So got an odd one, got my sister staying in my motor home for a spell, she went to make a cup of coffee and blew the circuit breaker in the Garage. I flipped it back, but now there is no power to the front of the MH with the exception of the fridge. Furthermore, no power to the outlet that the TV is on, the outlet for the coffee make, micro and the back tv all are on the drivers side. No power to the front tv either or the wall lamps on either side, however there is power to the outlets under the table on the passenger side. All breakers in th RV are good. I can find no GFCI plug in the kitchen area at all.
'
Rod Jacobsen

Post by Rod Jacobsen »

'Check the breakers on the inverter you Will probably find one of those tripped
Rod1999 Sahara

Sent from my iPhone
On Jan 16, 2019, at 4:11 PM, John Rowin johndrowin@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

I don’t know what you drive but there is a gfci outlet inside and up where the little sliding door is on the countertop between the sink and stove in the corner. Another in bathroom under cabinet. 
John & Martha Rowin 2000 Safari Continental 41 1/2’

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 6:06 PM, bowhunter0608@... [Safarifriends] wrote:  

So got an odd one, got my sister staying in my motor home for a spell, she went to make a cup of coffee and blew the circuit breaker in the Garage. I flipped it back, but now there is no power to the front of the MH with the exception of the fridge. Furthermore, no power to the outlet that the TV is on, the outlet for the coffee make, micro and the back tv all are on the drivers side. No power to the front tv either or the wall lamps on either side, however there is power to the outlets under the table on the passenger side. All breakers in th RV are good. I can find no GFCI plug in the kitchen area at all.

'
David Ralph

Post by David Ralph »

' I know it may sound odd but there are a couple of round reset breakers on the inverter.  Mine are accessible in a cabinet outside where the shore power cord is.  I think mine are 25 amp.  I had a simular problem and one of those breakers was tripped.  Just push it in to reset.
On Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 7:06:50 PM EST, bowhunter0608@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

So got an odd one, got my sister staying in my motor home for a spell, she went to make a cup of coffee and blew the circuit breaker in the Garage. I flipped it back, but now there is no power to the front of the MH with the exception of the fridge. Furthermore, no power to the outlet that the TV is on, the outlet for the coffee make, micro and the back tv all are on the drivers side. No power to the front tv either or the wall lamps on either side, however there is power to the outlets under the table on the passenger side. All breakers in th RV are good. I can find no GFCI plug in the kitchen area at all. '
David Ralph

Post by David Ralph »

' Sorry I forgot to sign off with my coach is:2000 Zanzibar 
On Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 7:06:50 PM EST, bowhunter0608@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

So got an odd one, got my sister staying in my motor home for a spell, she went to make a cup of coffee and blew the circuit breaker in the Garage. I flipped it back, but now there is no power to the front of the MH with the exception of the fridge. Furthermore, no power to the outlet that the TV is on, the outlet for the coffee make, micro and the back tv all are on the drivers side. No power to the front tv either or the wall lamps on either side, however there is power to the outlets under the table on the passenger side. All breakers in th RV are good. I can find no GFCI plug in the kitchen area at all. '
TD

Post by TD »

'Jerry,
As other's stated, check the output breakers on your inverter. Also, it is very possible that your coach has an inverter sub panel, that is fed by the inverter output and the inverter's internal pass through transfer switch, when on shore power. If you have this sub panel, it should is located in your bedroom TV cabinet, check and reset the breakers in that panel also. This will likely bring power back.
Do check the GFCI outlet as was suggested by another member previously. It should be located in the galley corner were the spices are kept, it looks like a small garage door. The GFCI outlet will be located on the ceiling of that little cubby compartment.
BTW, if the coach is only plugged into a 15 or 20 amp outlet, I would suggest to set the refrigerator on propane. This will allow to take an additional load off of the outlet, and allow your sister a bit more wiggle room on the power she is using in the rest of the coach, without popping the breaker all the time. Also, tell her one heavy use item at a time. Meaning, if she wants to use the micro wave or the hair dryer, the coffee maker needs to be turned off until the other heavy use item is no longer being used. Make sure the electric element for the hot water heater is off too, as it will draw a lot. If the outlet is 30 amp or higher, than most of these precautions are not needed...

Let us know how you make out...
John
'95 Safari Serengeti 38ft, 300 Cummins 8.3CTA, Allison
6spd.  
On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 7:06 PM bowhunter0608@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

'
bowhunter0608

Post by bowhunter0608 »

'Sorry guys, I forgot my signature.
Jerry99' Continental Panther 425Cat C12'
bowhunter0608

Post by bowhunter0608 »

'I will check all those. I think my inverter is located inside the storage well so will have to crawl in there to get to it. I have the RV plugged in to a 30 amp. But even with the 30 amp, if she has the space heater on and tries to run the micro, it pops the main breaker. Either i got a bad breaker or something else is bad in the RV. Will check tomorrow and let ya know.
Jerry99' Continental Panther 425Cat C12'
TD

Post by TD »

'Jerry,v out
Is the 30 amp outlet 120V or 240V (split phase, two legs of 120V)?  If it is a 30amp 120V outlet, that a space heater and coffee maker is getting close. If the refrigerator is set on electric, than you are probably at the limit. So, if your 30amp breaker is weak, it will likely trip prematurely. In any case, you are probably pushing the limits. Maybe consider running the hurricane heat, instead of the space heater...
Before you force yourself to crawl under to reach the inverter, check and see if you have an inverter sub panel, located in your bedroom TV cabinet. If you do, reset those breakers at sub panel first and see if it all starts working again.

John
'95 Safari Serengeti 38ft, 300 Cummins 8.3CTA, Allison
6spd.
On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 12:04 AM bowhunter0608@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

I will check all those. I think my inverter is located inside the storage well so will have to crawl in there to get to it. I have the RV plugged in to a 30 amp. But even with the 30 amp, if she has the space heater on and tries to run the micro, it pops the main breaker. Either i got a bad breaker or something else is bad in the RV. Will check tomorrow and let ya know.
Jerry99' Continental Panther 425Cat C12
'
John Wolfe

Post by John Wolfe »

'Not knowing your model but mine has a gfci in the storage area underneath that resets the kitchen. 
John Wolfe 2002 Safari Zanzibar 
[quote] On Wed, Jan 16, 2019, 7:06 PM bowhunter0608@... [Safarifriends]