Re: Missing Pictures (was: Velvet Ride)

Staging area for content imported from the old Yahoo group. This forum is LOCKED. Moderators may edit content and relocate to other forums as appropriate.
fountking

Re: Velvet Ride

Post by fountking »

'https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Safarifriends/conversations/messages/33773
  I am typing challenge. But other than being heavy its not that difficult..There was a topic that someone had on here that I used.  I am at work but will try to recall and maybe get some pictures later.Bob 96 Serengeti'
fountking

Post by fountking »

'Attachments :Heres some pics 1- my special tool to load the arms use one about 12" long run it down untill you can get the bolts in and evened out get all 4 bolts in run them down evenly back and forth between them .
2- if you look close you will see were I had to trim about 1/4 " off the tube . The tube sits on a pin over the axle so it can't move back and forth . The new one ran a little long and would not clear that angle bracket.
Those are the most important things on the install. Other than the tube weight of about 90 -100 # nothing but big bolts to torque. I don't remember what I torqued them to. But I did recheck them . 
The picture of the shackle is one I replaced. I ordered a set because alighnment guy thought they might have been getting bad. Not the case but I put them on while I had it apart.
It really is a simple procedure just heavy.I think I would rather do another one than the job I have to do now. I broke the pivot bolt off on water pump bracket that will be a lot worse to do I think.I can try to answer any specific ? I hope the pictures are big enough I couldn't get them to post at a larger sizeBob 96 Serengeti'
fountking

Post by fountking »

'Attachments :
  1. [url=file:///D:\---.safarimotorhomes\Attachments\SafarifriendsDatabase\Attachments\Safarifriends\20190825_132209-1612x1209-644x483.jpg]20190825_132209-1612x1209-644x483.jpg[/url]
Try again'
fountking

Post by fountking »

'Attachments :1 out of four Try for 3 more'
fountking

Post by fountking »

'Attachments :last try'
Bilmac36

Post by Bilmac36 »

'Bob, Hey, I received and was able to open/see all four pictures you have in what I’m assuming was your first and original post of them yesterday 25Aug19. Since it appears you have replied an additional three times still adding pictures I’m wondering Is the doubt they didn’t attach at your end, or is someone telling you they are not seeing them?R/Willie, Connie is ‘95 Continental, 8.3L, Ally 6spd 

Sent from my iPhone
On Aug 26, 2019, at 10:35 AM, fountking@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

last try '
r/Willie
'95 Safari Continental, Cummins 8.3L, Allison MD3060
Dog

Post by Dog »

'Bob  Thanks a lot that helps  Dave2002 safariZanzibar  From: Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 6:24 PM
To: Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Safarifriends] Re: Velvet Ride   
Heres some pics 1- my special tool to load the arms use one about 12" long run it down untill you can get the bolts in and evened out get all 4 bolts in run them down evenly back and forth between them .  2- if you look close you will see were I had to trim about 1/4 " off the tube . The tube sits on a pin over the axle so it can't move back and forth . The new one ran a little long and would not clear that angle bracket.  Those are the most important things on the install. Other than the tube weight of about 90 -100 # nothing but big bolts to torque. I don't remember what I torqued them to. But I did recheck them .   The picture of the shackle is one I replaced. I ordered a set because alighnment guy thought they might have been getting bad. Not the case but I put them on while I had it apart.  It really is a simple procedure just heavy.I think I would rather do another one than the job I have to do now. I broke the pivot bolt off on water pump bracket that will be a lot worse to do I think.I can try to answer any specific ? I hope the pictures are big enough I couldn't get them to post at a larger sizeBob 96 Serengeti'
fountking

Post by fountking »

'Just on my end Willie,I don't see them with my messages.I havn't been able to see most attachments that have been posted lately.  I see them attaching but then not showing on my end.Bob 96 Serengeti'
Gary Smith

Post by Gary Smith »

'Bob, have you checked your Downloads folder?
Gary
On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 6:26 PM fountking@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

Just on my end Willie,I don't see them with my messages.I havn't been able to see most attachments that have been posted lately.  I see them attaching but then not showing on my end.Bob 96 Serengeti
--
Gary Smith
ImageImage '
mel96safari

Missing Pictures (was: Velvet Ride)

Post by mel96safari »

'BobI read and reply to the Safarifriends message online via Email, on a laptop, and I usually see the attachments others post.
FYI I see no attached pictures in your message #42886, one in #42889, none in #42890 and #42893.
Mel'96 Sahara

---In Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com, wrote :

Just on my end Willie,I don't see them with my messages.I havn't been able to see most attachments that have been posted lately.  I see them attaching but then not showing on my end.Bob 96 Serengeti'