Roadmaster info

Staging area for content imported from the old Yahoo group. This forum is LOCKED. Moderators may edit content and relocate to other forums as appropriate.
JL

Roadmaster info

Post by JL »

'Hello Group, Thought I would pass this along. I have a Roadmaster Brake Pro. Bought new 3/06. About $1100. It has a problem. The test button does not work at times. Contacted Roadmaster, they tell me this is/was a known problem, and they have a new model that corrected the problem.

They do not make any of their brake products, only sell them. A vendor makes them. I asked if I could get the circuit board that is defective, and they said they were not available, but I could buy their new product for a exchange price of only $850.

I learned that the Brake Pro I bought was replaced by the current product in mid '06. (it became obsolete about 3 months after I bought it)

What are your thoughts on whether their offer of buying one for $850 is a fair offer, since they know/knew this was a known issue? I can buy the new product for $950 from PPL in Houston with no trade in....

Jim
'96 Sahara'