Windshields

Staging area for content imported from the old Yahoo group. This forum is LOCKED. Moderators may edit content and relocate to other forums as appropriate.
Slim Chestnut

Windshields

Post by Slim Chestnut »

'I watched the technicians install both replacement glass in my 93 Continental. They happened to have a 94 in at the same time to verify the glass PNs and the glasses were the same.

What they did was not difficult but it would help to have the nice special suction cup tools and a few other items ,to do the job well. I have all but the suction cups.

While they did a good job they overcharged for what they did do IMHO. There was no need to spend more than around two hours total to remove the old glass and put in the new but they turned it into an overnight stay for me and the coach. I think they charged the insurance nearly 2K dollars. If you figure 3 hours at $100 per hour and $100 for materials [new glass potting adhesive] it still should not have been more than about $1200-1300 dollars including shipping. But of course my $500 deductible was the same. Problem is that with a few claims like that the insurance company can attempt to justify raising my premiiums.

Lesson learned:
Avoid driving during Sunset hours, Sunrise when the Owls are hunting! Wow! what a thud and crash! And boy was that pair of owls surprised as they slid off the glass.

Slim

--
Got good friends and loving family? You are wealthy.
1993 Safari Continental 37, Cummings/Allison

'