Re: MODERATOR NOTE

Staging area for content imported from the old Yahoo group. This forum is LOCKED. Moderators may edit content and relocate to other forums as appropriate.
Paul Barger

Re: MODERATOR NOTE

Post by Paul Barger »

' I am new to the group and I also enjoy the "sidelines talking" I belong to many groups mainly military. I joined this group because I just purchased a Safari and I had no idea about any of it. Thanks to many of you I have found and corrected many of the problems useing the info found here. It is hard no to get "offtrack" alittle I have noticed that it usually does not go to far. Since I am new I will not give my opinion on this however I will say I do not think that it is all bad. That said I have a question. The floor in my bathroom was replaced before I purchased it and it was not done very well. I noticed one of you posted many pictures of your floor replacement as well. I looked under the coach in the wheel well and all I see is wood (cheap OSB). They did not replace the insulation or the metal barrier between the outside and floor and it does not look good. What is a good material to replace this with? Is there a material that is bonded with insulation that I can put in? I plan on spraying some form of protectant just for this year and pulling up the floor and replacing it next year. I know the wheels would throw up water if driving in the rain so this really needs to be done. I also have several soft spots in the walls where water leaked. I guess that is why they sold this coach, the cost to repair it is going to be high. For the most part it is sound but has a few problems to work out to make it nice. I can use it like it is but over time it will cause problems.   Thanks all Dizneydad Paul  
----- Original Message ----- From: pfundt@... To: Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2011 9:29 PM Subject: Re: [Safarifriends] Re: MODERATOR NOTE

Slim.. I really really enjoy your posts!  And I am also chiming in on the *friends* aspect....  I am also a mod of a group, and most there tolerate the *chit chat* and if they don't like it, well... don't read it!   Simple as that! 
Plus, this is the FIRST yahoo group list i take the time to read, and set it to individual messages to get them faster than waiting for the digest! 
and... to keep this ON Safari topic, Steveio is just as we speak errrr type putting a new board to cover the opening from removing the couch and having a big open gap where the furnace duct came out of.  Although we don't use that furnace, he made a nice matching board and stained and poly'd it and cut a hole to put the original vent unit from the front kickplate of the couch.  What a guy! 
We are sitting up in the woods on the WI - MI border,  listening to the coyotes howling tonight  and the moon is almost full  and we just came into the motorhome for the night  and I get an internet signal here  so I can tell all of my Safari Friends how much I enjoy their group!!!

--
KarenInTheWoods
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
(Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
 http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/
(Camping/Family Photos)  http://picasaweb.google.com/pfundt/
(Weaving Photos)             http://picasaweb.google.com/KarenInTheWoods1
(All About Me)                   http://kareninthewoods.com
(Handwoven E-Stores)     http://kareninthewoods.etsy.com/
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 8:08 PM, slim_chestnut wrote:
Mr. Moderator
First thanks for moderating. It is no easy task. I am a moderator for two forums with over 2000 members on each one. People can get really anal about things like someone signing, "God bless you" or getting "off topic". And oh boy how upset they get if you mention politics or sports! But that is an everyday part of living too. There is nothing pure and wonderful about the internet. It is jut like the rest of living, cooties and all.

Isn't the name of this group Safari FRIENDS????? Well duh? That places friendship at the forefront from my perspective.

Respectfully, How do you stop folks from becoming friends on a list or group board and chatting and communicating? What if they want to share their response with the group and not just one person?

I stopped visiting the TREK group because they are absolutely adamant that every thing is "on topic". They have rigid rules and jump all over every new member about it. Yuck! Leave that approach to them.

If someone owns a dog and a Safari what type RV do you suppose they are going to want tips on carrying a dog in???

This board has grown because of its FRIENDliness and openess. Frankly I say shame on whomever cannot tolerate friendly banter or communication and that would include you. I do not know personally you but are you that old, stodgy, crotchety?

I disagree that the majority are here for only the reason you suggest. We are also here because we are friends and want to help each and every fellow coach owner whether they be Safari or not.

Please do not restrict our free communication with friends here or anyplace else.

That being said, in the spirit of what you requested, reading between the lines, I will try to make a point that I am referring to subjects that relate to interaction with life and fun in a SAFARI product whether it is about a dog or someone's latest purchase for their SAFARI.

Thanks again,

Slim
'