Safari On The Road

Staging area for content imported from the old Yahoo group. This forum is LOCKED. Moderators may edit content and relocate to other forums as appropriate.
Sherry

Safari On The Road

Post by Sherry »

'Got a big toot from a lovely blue Safari (Serengeti? looked like it) with polar bears on the rear mural pulling a silver Saturn Vue wagon as I tooled south on I-5 yesterday in OR. If the owner is on this group, thanks for the toot! wish I could've caught up with you to wave back;-)

Sherry
98 Serengeti with stampeding bison on the windows and rear mural;-)'
PETER GUZMAN

Re: Safari On The Road

Post by PETER GUZMAN »

'TOOTS are cool.... I did it once on a Hwy and the receiver was not happy, he almost jumped out of his skin..
I don't do it anymore.
 Fulltimers-Currently traveling around USA-In Durham, NC..
Regards,
Peter G....
08 Cheetah/Safari'
daveg

Post by daveg »

' TOOTS are cool.   Waiting in huge line at Fred Myers, the cheapest fuel in town when the prices were sky high.  Huge lines.   I was too big to pull directly at the end of the line without blocking the street in the parking  lot.  Someone tried to crowd in.  One TOOOT straightened the situation right out! 

Another time we came around a corner with DW driving----to see a semi in his lane with a semi passing him in our lane---right in a relatively sharp corner.  DW managed to get off the road in time.  We were missed by mere inches.  That air horn was enough to let that foolish semi driver know that we were not pleased!

But yes, we almost never use it.  Particularly not on pedestrians or bicyclists.  Sure don't want to cause any heart attacks!
On 10/29/2011 9:50 AM, PETER GUZMAN wrote:   TOOTS are cool.... I did it once on a Hwy and the receiver was not happy, he almost jumped out of his skin..
I don't do it anymore.
Regards,
Peter G....
08 Cheetah/Safari

'
PETER GUZMAN

Post by PETER GUZMAN »

'Dave, sounds like(no pun intended) that you have had to use it for a good reason... Yowser...
If you TOOT me it will be all good.. Take care..
Regards,
Peter G....
08 Cheetah/Safari'