Slide adjustment

Staging area for content imported from the old Yahoo group. This forum is LOCKED. Moderators may edit content and relocate to other forums as appropriate.
Bill Edwards

Re: Slide adjustment [4 Attachments]

Post by Bill Edwards »

'John,
Sorry cannot get the attachments to open
Bill Edwards1999 Safari Panther
On Sunday, October 27, 2019, 01:55:12 AM MDT, John Rowin johndrowin@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

[Attachment(s) from John Rowin included below]
Outside not matching up. Last time pull slide in tore up wood between kitchen and toilet wall. I just don’t know where to start. We will be back home in six days and not using slide. 
John &Martha Rowin2000 Safari Continental Panther 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Saturday, October 26, 2019, 7:24 PM, Bill Edwards billedwardsrs@... [Safarifriends] wrote:  
John,  Pictures are going to help here this time. 
Bill Edwards1999 Panther
On Saturday, October 26, 2019, 12:24:00 PM MDT, John Rowin johndrowin@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

My slide is not closing true and beginning to sound terrible and some damage has occurred with woodwork between kitchen and toilet. Where should I start. 
Sorry forgot to sign previously. 
John & Martha Rowin 2000 Safari Continental Panther 

On Saturday, October 26, 2019, 12:55 PM, John Rowin wrote:
My slide is not closing true and beginning to sound terrible and some damage has occurred with woodwork between kitchen and toilet. Where should I start. 

'
John Rowin

Re: Slide adjustment

Post by John Rowin »

' Slide in now. Was afraid to use it. Will let it out Tuesday afternoon and will let you know how I fair. I hope it is that simple. Thank you so much for your assistance. 
John & Martha Rowin2000 Safari Continental Panther 

On Saturday, October 26, 2019, 11:23 PM, Robert Lewis robert.lewis.tl@... [Safarifriends] wrote:  
Hi John and Martha
I have a 2000 Continental and had the same problem. The slide would not come in fully and caught the corner and broke a chunk of fiberglass off the top corner of the slide. Dont force it!
The problem was I did not have the coach on level ground with the full weight on the axles. I found out that you cannot run the slide properly when it's on the jacks even if the couch says it is perfectly level. 
I leveled the coach on the tires with blocks and the slide came in normally. If you are on a pad you won't have use blocks, the pad will be level. This sounds like you might have the same problem. 
It wasn't all that obvious to me because I thought level was level. But when the coach is on the jacks or even if perfectly level the frame can be torqued. This can misalign the slide and if it's out even by half an inch it won't come in properly. Retry to bring it in as if your at the point when you're going to drive the coach away.
It is distressing I know.
Robert and Bev Lewis2000 Safari Continental, since 20173126B Cat, 330hpMD3060 Allison
https://safaritoonces.org

On October 26, 2019 11:24:01 AM "John Rowin johndrowin@... [Safarifriends]" wrote:  

'
Bill Edwards

Re: Slide adjustment

Post by Bill Edwards »

' John, 
Yes I know what happens inside I have had the same experience...humm
It is what it looks like out side that tells me what is happening. Frankly looks normal from the one outside picture. It is not uncommon for it to sit low like it is. Mine on both sits low by a 1/4 maybe a little more. The vertical gap looks pretty even, very much like my Panther. 
On Sunday, October 27, 2019, 03:37:50 PM MDT, Bill Edwards billedwardsrs@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

John,
Sorry cannot get the attachments to open
Bill Edwards1999 Safari Panther On Sunday, October 27, 2019, 01:55:12 AM MDT, John Rowin johndrowin@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

[Attachment(s) from John Rowin included below]
Outside not matching up. Last time pull slide in tore up wood between kitchen and toilet wall. I just don’t know where to start. We will be back home in six days and not using slide. 
John &Martha Rowin2000 Safari Continental Panther 

On Saturday, October 26, 2019, 7:24 PM, Bill Edwards billedwardsrs@... [Safarifriends] wrote:  
John,  Pictures are going to help here this time. 
Bill Edwards1999 Panther
On Saturday, October 26, 2019, 12:24:00 PM MDT, John Rowin johndrowin@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

'