Re: Kalahari questions

Staging area for content imported from the old Yahoo group. This forum is LOCKED. Moderators may edit content and relocate to other forums as appropriate.
m_barje

Kalahari questions

Post by m_barje »

'I like the layout and size of the Kalahari, I've seen some with the GM 6.5 TD/4L80E trans and others with the 5.9 Cummings/Allison trans,(a few that the sellers don't know what they have)
Were these a problem coach ?, I noticed they were only built 1993-94, and I find very few for sale, I'm fulltiming in a 1990 34' HMC gasser with single pane windows and a lot of them too, takes a lot to stay warm, and only the Freightliner shops know anything about the Oshkosh chassis and part numbers, Oshkosh was bought by Freightliner, which is now a Daimler company, they are helpful on the phone, but many parts are NLA.

Mine is built to handle people on the roof, has non-slip walkways in the gelcoat from the factory, are the Kalaharis safe to hang out up top ?, I'd like the Pathmaker for insulation, and the Majic bed for extra sleeping space, I haven't found a review of the Kalahari online, only normal complaints and questions that you can find about any coach out there no matter how old or new. Thanks.'
Billyfeet

Re: Kalahari questions

Post by Billyfeet »

'You don't want the GM motor. The Cummins is great!'
1996 Safari Sahara CAT 250 HP