Re: FMCA / MICHELIN Tire program

Staging area for content imported from the old Yahoo group. This forum is LOCKED. Moderators may edit content and relocate to other forums as appropriate.
rimichsz

FMCA / MICHELIN Tire program

Post by rimichsz »

'So my tires expiration dated out and I was forced to replace all six. I contacted a local truck tire retailer and he quoted me high $800 per tire for Goodyear G670, mid $600 for Toyo's....
I contacted the FMCA office, got the info on the Michelin Advantage tire program and got a price in the high $400's !
I gave the Michelin folks my credit card info and contacted a National Michelin retailer near me. He had the correct tires in stock, knew about the Advantage program, and took good care of my needs.
I highly recommend the Michelin Advantage program for your replacement needs. The price I received was lower than what this huge trucking tire business pays for the same tire !
I balanced each tire with the method that puts a sand like substance inside the tire, and I replaced all six valve stems with new brass ones. I also added the Pressure Pro tire pressure monitoring system with 10 transmitters, so I can now monitor the towed vehicles tire pressure from the coach as well. As they say on TV, Happy, Happy, Happy.
RG moderator'
stuplich@ymail.com

Re: FMCA / MICHELIN Tire program

Post by stuplich@ymail.com »

'RG
The BEST price I got, (in June of 2011), was NOT the FMCA Michelin Advantage tire program price!
I saved another $150 when I got my 6 Michelins at a Sam's Club.
They did have to order them, which took a week.
BTW, I use four Centramatic centrifugal balancers, (have for over 100k miles), and I have all 6 wheel/tires individually spin balanced.
Mel
'96 Sahara
--- In Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com, "rimichsz" wrote:
>
> So my tires expiration dated out and I was forced to replace all six. I contacted a local truck tire retailer and he quoted me high $800 per tire for Goodyear G670, mid $600 for Toyo's....
> I contacted the FMCA office, got the info on the Michelin Advantage tire program and got a price in the high $400's !
> I gave the Michelin folks my credit card info and contacted a National Michelin retailer near me. He had the correct tires in stock, knew about the Advantage program, and took good care of my needs.
> I highly recommend the Michelin Advantage program for your replacement needs. The price I received was lower than what this huge trucking tire business pays for the same tire !
> I balanced each tire with the method that puts a sand like substance inside the tire, and I replaced all six valve stems with new brass ones. I also added the Pressure Pro tire pressure monitoring system with 10 transmitters, so I can now monitor the towed vehicles tire pressure from the coach as well. As they say on TV, Happy, Happy, Happy.
> RG moderator
>
'
Mel
'96 Sahara 3530, mine since '01
250 hp 3126 Cat, MD3060 Allison