Re: Safari Sahara 3006 30'

Staging area for content imported from the old Yahoo group. This forum is LOCKED. Moderators may edit content and relocate to other forums as appropriate.
al54bert

Post by al54bert »

Thank you for your input Mark.
Ray
irtysmiller

Post by irtysmiller »

Hi, We have a 1998 Safari Sahara 30ft that we have  had 5(?) years. Don't use it like we would like to. Love it in about all ways. It can turn on a dime and to me it handles great. I am a retired truck drive so I have a little experience with larger vehicles. Ours has the 300 hp Cat motor and we pull a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee. WE don't drive hard but we get 8.5-9.0 MPG. Would be glad to help you with any questions you may have.                                                                 Irtys Miller 217-620-3476
Conny Culver

Post by Conny Culver »

We moved 'up' from a 28'Trek to a 37'Serengeti and found both have their quirks.  If it's a Safari you can't lose!
May God Bless,ConnySent from Conny's iPhoneOur Nation's motto - "In God We Trust" - was not chosen lightly. It reflects a basic recognition that there is a divine authority in the universe to which this nation owes homage.RONALD REAGAN3/19/1981 

On Aug 26, 2014, at 10:25 AM, "stuplich@... [Safarifriends]" wrote:

RayDon't overlook the 35' Sahras or the 37' Serengettis or even the 40' Continentals.

Most, (maybe all?), owners of those Safaris are happy with their choice.

Mel
'96 Sahara 3530, (35')
133k miles (106k mine)

---In Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com, wrote :

We will continue to look at the 30s and possibly find one that has been sorted somewhat. They do look to fit our needs.
Ray
wolfe102001

Post by wolfe102001 »

There will always be a wide range of responses to any "handling and ride" questions, as it is SUBJECTIVE.

What is factual is that a 35' coach on exactly the same chassis components WILL ride and handle better than a 30' one.  Both wheelbase and weight distribution ARE better on the longer coach.

Clearly, this does not mean the 30' won't work for you, but in the same road conditions, the longer one will ride and handle better.

Brett
Mike Vivian

Post by Mike Vivian »

One really important thing to ask your self is what do you want to do with the coach. If you want  an apartment on wheels and a freeway cruiser the bigger coach is for you. If you want to explore secondary highways and boondock you need a smaller coach. My wife and I always regretted tradeing our 28 Trek for a 37 Cheetah it truly changed our traveling. We towed a Wrangler behind both. you never see a RV sales brochure showing a bunch of RVs lined up together in a park. After seven years of leaking lousy travel the Cheetah met its end in a fire, after another two years of paying for it we are now driving a used 26 Trek. Being used someone else sent all the tine at  factory repair. We're traveling secondary roads, boondocking and spending a title more time outside. It's all in what you do.     Mike

Sent from my iPhoneNGO
On Aug 27, 2014, at 6:19 AM, "bawolfe10@... [Safarifriends]" wrote:

There will always be a wide range of responses to any "handling and ride" questions, as it is SUBJECTIVE.

What is factual is that a 35' coach on exactly the same chassis components WILL ride and handle better than a 30' one.  Both wheelbase and weight distribution ARE better on the longer coach.

Clearly, this does not mean the 30' won't work for you, but in the same road conditions, the longer one will ride and handle better.

Brett
al54bert

Post by al54bert »

Thank you Irtys.
The Safari we looked at was, unfortunately, poorly maintained. We will have to continue the search for a better rig.
Thank you also to, Mike, wolfe120001, and Conny for your comments. All very much appreciated and thank you for taking the time to help.
Ray
Jim Bettner

Post by Jim Bettner »

Hi, We are selling our 2000 Continental Panther, 75K, excellent condition and maintenance records & manuals. I’d be happy to send any details,  Jim2000 Continental 425 Panther/Blue Ox/2010 Ford Escape Hybrid
Mike Vivian

Post by Mike Vivian »

I get on the soap box for short coaches because of the freedom they give you. I have a friend that has a1996 ,3006 Sahara that he bought new. He jokes it only took 5 years to get Safari to finish assembly. He isn't very handy. safaris were known as a one star coach with a five star interior. They took a lot of final assembly after sale after that is done they are a beautiful coach. No where else can you get a beautiful short class A. And that short coach will take you places you will never go in a big one. We just bought a 2003,26' Trek installed a ceramic heater put solar panels on the roof and are always looking for looking a small nitch in the forest. Previously we had a 2000,28 Trek and a 2003, 37' Chetah both purchased new so I know a lot about time spent at factory repair. Once final assembly is complete they are beautiful coaches but small ones are more fun. We full timed in the 28' for three years and then decided we needed a " full timers coach" and got the 37" what a mistake.    Life is good.  Mike

Sent from my iPhone
On Aug 28, 2014, at 8:43 PM, "araytolman@... [Safarifriends]" wrote:

Thank you Irtys.
The Safari we looked at was, unfortunately, poorly maintained. We will have to continue the search for a better rig.
Thank you also to, Mike, wolfe120001, and Conny for your comments. All very much appreciated and thank you for taking the time to help.
Ray
al54bert

Post by al54bert »

Hi Jim,
Too bad it wasn't a 30'.
Cheers,
Ray
TERRY SELVIDGE

Post by TERRY SELVIDGE »

Is this the port ludlow rig???