Re: What are these screens for?

Staging area for content imported from the old Yahoo group. This forum is LOCKED. Moderators may edit content and relocate to other forums as appropriate.
thekurlands@...

What are these screens for?

Post by thekurlands@... »

My used Cheeta came with three plastic screens that snap onto fasteners on the outside of the motorhome.  They cover the windows on both the driver side and the passenger side door and the third covers the windshield.  They can't be for privacy, or for ventilation.  They are a plastic mesh.  Any suggestions as to their function?
Knollibe

Post by Knollibe »

These reflect heat and give a bit of privacy an help keep the windshield clean. I deploy mine when camping for a week or more. 96 Sahara 

Dwayne Knoll
On Feb 17, 2016, at 12:18 PM, thekurlands@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

My used Cheeta came with three plastic screens that snap onto fasteners on the outside of the motorhome.  They cover the windows on both the driver side and the passenger side door and the third covers the windshield.  They can't be for privacy, or for ventilation.  They are a plastic mesh.  Any suggestions as to their function?
Dwayne
1996 safari Sahara since 2010
Chev Colorado zr2 toad, electric pedego bikes.
3rd motorhome.
dalemaggio

Post by dalemaggio »

They are for privacy. You can see out, no one else can see in.  They also knock down the amount of solar hitting the windshield to keep your coach cooler inside.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 02/17/2016 12:18 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Safarifriends] What are these screens for?

Roger

Post by Roger »

Ooh K.  Guess that works.  Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
On Feb 17, 2016, at 5:47 PM, Knollibe knollibe@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

These reflect heat and give a bit of privacy an help keep the windshield clean. I deploy mine when camping for a week or more. 96 Sahara 

Dwayne Knoll

On Feb 17, 2016, at 12:18 PM, thekurlands@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

mel96safari

Post by mel96safari »

Snap on solar shade screens for RVs are made with a type of fabric that
"reduces heat transfer through windows by reducing solar heat gain and blocking harmful UV rays".

When you use them you can see out during the day...(but anyone outside can see into the RV at night if/when interior lights are on).

See
http://www.arizonasunsupply.com/Solar-Screen-and-Roller-Shade-Fabric

Mel
'96 Sahara

---In Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com, wrote :

Bill Edwards

Post by Bill Edwards »

The only privacy is day time , no privacy at night and they work wonderfully for heat reduction during the daytime. Numerous sources and prices if you google solar shades. Most of the material for RVs bu Sunshade are 98% reduction but they will not sell the material only as a completed project. I am in the middle of making a set for the Panther out of 90%.  Data suggests "Tan" as the most efficient for tire covers attached to the body sheeting as air flow is part of the equation.
Bill

On Thursday, February 18, 2016 6:01 AM, "stuplich@... [Safarifriends]" wrote:

Snap on solar shade screens for RVs are made with a type of fabric that
"reduces heat transfer through windows by reducing solar heat gain and blocking harmful UV rays".

When you use them you can see out during the day...(but anyone outside can see into the RV at night if/when interior lights are on).

See
http://www.arizonasunsupply.com/Solar-Screen-and-Roller-Shade-Fabric

Mel
'96 Sahara

---In Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com, wrote :