Re: Creeping window

Staging area for content imported from the old Yahoo group. This forum is LOCKED. Moderators may edit content and relocate to other forums as appropriate.
Dwayne Knoll

Creeping window

Post by Dwayne Knoll »

Attachments :
  1. [url=file:///D:\---.safarimotorhomes\Attachments\SafarifriendsDatabase\Attachments\Safarifriends\image1-30162.JPG]image1-30162.JPG[/url]
I am in Orange County calif. I finally found a window shop that can fix my creeping window problem. I had a rear inside glass shatter. Had it replaced for $180. I removed the window and reinstalled.
Now to get the creeps fixed in my glass.
woodlandrjs

Post by woodlandrjs »

What is the company info?
Dwayne Knoll

Post by Dwayne Knoll »

Sorry, I thought I posted picture of their card.It is New View auto glassIn Orange Calif.  714-890-1347This is the only place I have found that speaks motorhome glass repair for the flat windows.   

Dwayne Knoll
On Apr 10, 2016, at 9:51 AM, woodlandrjs@... [Safarifriends] wrote:
nick paul

Post by nick paul »

I got mine fixed by a guy near Salem Or when we bought our coach. We went through the dealer to "package" the window fix with the financing. I will get a hold of the dealer and get his information if you want it.
Nick98 Continental 330Cat 6sp Alison

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
On Sunday, April 10, 2016, 10:22 AM, Dwayne Knoll knollibe@... [Safarifriends] wrote:  
Sorry, I thought I posted picture of their card.It is New View auto glassIn Orange Calif.  714-890-1347This is the only place I have found that speaks motorhome glass repair for the flat windows.   

Dwayne Knoll

Dwayne Knoll

Post by Dwayne Knoll »

Thanks, I am aware of Dave Root somewhere in Oregon.  I know he travels to various parks and repairs can be made there.  I have been looking for 2 years here in the Orange county calif area just to get a cracked inside window repaired.  I finally found this New View auto glass, now I can take him the 3 windows that are creeping to get repaired.  Later I will post photos of before and after with pricing. Also I am able to remove window and carry to him to save myself diesel $$$$!! 

Dwayne Knoll96 safari sahara.  With no more cracked windows.  

On Apr 10, 2016, at 12:25 PM, nick paul nickcliff79@... [Safarifriends] wrote:
I got mine fixed by a guy near Salem Or when we bought our coach. We went through the dealer to "package" the window fix with the financing. I will get a hold of the dealer and get his information if you want it.
Nick98 Continental 330Cat 6sp Alison

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Sunday, April 10, 2016, 10:22 AM, Dwayne Knoll knollibe@... [Safarifriends] wrote:  

Dwayne Knoll

Glenn Zurfluh

Post by Glenn Zurfluh »

If you're removing the windows yourself, you an save a lot of money by ordering a repair kit from Dave Root in Bend, Oregon.  He sends everything (everything) you need to fix the windows and the proper caulking to use to reinstall them.   The only thing you'll have to buy is a Ryobi battery powered caulking gun.  You can't used a manual caulking gun because of the consistency of the caulking.  We removed our windows one at a time, repaired it, replaced it and went on to the next one.   Just make sure that you have a caulking warmed up to at least room temperature.  The hardest part of this project was removing the windows.  Since you're removing and replacing them yourself, I think you'll save a lot of money doing it yourself.  Just google Dave Root to find his website.

Jan
1998 Serengetti
Knollibe

Post by Knollibe »

Do those kits come with the window slide channel?

Dwayne Knoll
On Apr 11, 2016, at 12:09 PM, Glenn Zurfluh grandpaglenn@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

If you're removing the windows yourself, you an save a lot of money by ordering a repair kit from Dave Root in Bend, Oregon.  He sends everything (everything) you need to fix the windows and the proper caulking to use to reinstall them.   The only thing you'll have to buy is a Ryobi battery powered caulking gun.  You can't used a manual caulking gun because of the consistency of the caulking.  We removed our windows one at a time, repaired it, replaced it and went on to the next one.   Just make sure that you have a caulking warmed up to at least room temperature.  The hardest part of this project was removing the windows.  Since you're removing and replacing them yourself, I think you'll save a lot of money doing it yourself.  Just google Dave Root to find his website.

Jan
1998 Serengetti
Dwayne
1996 safari Sahara since 2010
Chev Colorado zr2 toad, electric pedego bikes.
3rd motorhome.
glennzurfluh

Post by glennzurfluh »

The kit doesn't include window channels.  You can see what comes in the kit by going to http://www.daverootrvglassrepair.com   If you decide to do your windows yourself and you need additional window sealant, you can buy it cheaper online than buying it from the Dave Root website.  Since you're in Southern California, you can also order it online from C R Laurence and will call it.

Jan
1998 Serengetti

Ken Wethington

Post by Ken Wethington »

I have been reading all the posts about creeping windows and was wondering what yall are referring to. Could someone explain?Thanks,Ken’96 Sahara 3044, 3126 Cat, 3060 Allison  From: Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2016 12:25 PM
To: Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Safarifriends] Re: Creeping window   
The kit doesn't include window channels.  You can see what comes in the kit by going to http://www.daverootrvglassrepair.com   If you decide to do your windows yourself and you need additional window sealant, you can buy it cheaper online than buying it from the Dave Root website.  Since you're in Southern California, you can also order it online from C R Laurence and will call it.

Jan
1998 Serengetti

wolfe102001

Post by wolfe102001 »

Ken,

With dual pane (or is that dual pain) windows, the seal between the glass panels can "creep" toward the center of the window. It is ugly and can also allow moisture in which can obstruct vision.

Brett