Re: Wiring diagram for 1996 Safari Seregetti

Staging area for content imported from the old Yahoo group. This forum is LOCKED. Moderators may edit content and relocate to other forums as appropriate.
prospectorgary

Wiring diagram for 1996 Safari Seregetti

Post by prospectorgary »

'I need to replace my drivers side mirror.  Original is no longer available, and I have one from Valtec that fits the mirror support arm.
Original wiring harness  went from mirror, thru the support arm and ended with a plug just below the fuse panels.  The mirror I have has a plug at the mirror end.  Of course, the wires are different colors for both mirrors.
The wiring diagram for the mirrors in the file section is a much later mirror, and does not match the original wiring.
Can anyone offer any suggestions?  RV shop will not install without a wiring diagram.
Thanks,
Gary Guinotte1996 Serengetti, original owner

'
mel96safari

Re: Wiring diagram for 1996 Safari Seregetti

Post by mel96safari »

'Gary
If you don't find a coach to mirror wiring diagram ask someone at a body shop or someone one who repairs electronic devices if they can decode the coach/mirror wire colors for you.
It shouldn't be difficult for anyone with a little 12V wiring knowledge, and a little common sense, to decode the wire colors in both plugs.Mel'96 Sahara

---In Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com, wrote :

I need to replace my drivers side mirror.  Original is no longer available, and I have one from Valtec that fits the mirror support arm.
Original wiring harness  went from mirror, thru the support arm and ended with a plug just below the fuse panels.  The mirror I have has a plug at the mirror end.  Of course, the wires are different colors for both mirrors.
The wiring diagram for the mirrors in the file section is a much later mirror, and does not match the original wiring.
Can anyone offer any suggestions?  RV shop will not install without a wiring diagram.
Thanks,
Gary Guinotte1996 Serengetti, original owner

'