Re: Ceiling lights in front have no current

Staging area for content imported from the old Yahoo group. This forum is LOCKED. Moderators may edit content and relocate to other forums as appropriate.
prospectorgary

Ceiling lights in front have no current

Post by prospectorgary »

'
Greetings,

I have a 96 Serengetti (bought new) that has developed an unusual problem.  It's been parked alongside our house for a couple months.  Started to prepare for a trip and discovered both ceiling  fluorescent lights 12V
in the sofa area wouldn't work.  Working when we got home and several times when we went into it at night.

Pulled bulbs and put them in the bathroom lights, and the bulbs worked fine.

Probably some kind of lose connection, I'd think?

Anyone have any idea where the wires come from?  Is there a schematic in the library that might have that circuit?

Haven't checked the fuse box yet, as it seems unlikely they would be on a separate circuit.

Open to suggestions.

Thanks,

Gary
96 Serengetti

'
Mike Fluharty

Post by Mike Fluharty »

'It may be the starter since both bulbs are out.  I had a connector come loose on one also but that only affected single bulb.
Mike Fluharty03 Zanzibar, ISL370

On Jan 17, 2019, at 5:39 PM, prospectorgary@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

Greetings,

I have a 96 Serengetti (bought new) that has developed an unusual problem.  It's been parked alongside our house for a couple months.  Started to prepare for a trip and discovered both ceiling  fluorescent lights 12V
in the sofa area wouldn't work.  Working when we got home and several times when we went into it at night.

Anyone have any idea where the wires come from?  Is there a schematic in the library that might have that circuit?

Haven't checked the fuse box yet, as it seems unlikely they would be on a separate circuit.

Open to suggestions.

Thanks,

Gary
96 Serengetti

'
James Exler

Post by James Exler »

'

Gary,

Yes, there are drawings of the wiring layout in "files" on the site, I put them there.

Did you check the switch at the door, it has to be on for the ceiling lights to work. If it is on, you can then turn them off and on at the light.

Jim Exler, Nampa, ID

On 1/17/2019 5:39 PM, prospectorgary@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

Greetings,

Open to suggestions.

Thanks,

Gary

96 Serengetti

This email has been checked for viruses by AVG antivirus software.
www.avg.com

'
mel96safari

Post by mel96safari »

'GaryAre you sure that the switch labeled INT, (in the bank of 3 switches in the lower right of this picture), is in the ON position?ImageMel'96 Sahara

---In Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com, wrote :

Greetings,
I have a 96 Serengetti (bought new) that has developed an unusual problem.  It's been parked alongside our house for a couple months.  Started to prepare for a trip and discovered both ceiling  fluorescent lights 12V in the sofa area wouldn't work. 

Working when we got home and several times when we went into it at night.

Open to suggestions.

Thanks,
Gary
96 Serengetti

'
Daniel Defenderfer

Post by Daniel Defenderfer »

'My 99 Panther has a wall switch as well as switches on the individual light fixtures. A simple fix, but I thought I’d just mention it.
Dan D99 Continental Panther

Sent from my iPhone
On Jan 17, 2019, at 7:38 PM, Mike Fluharty mike.fluharty@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

It may be the starter since both bulbs are out.  I had a connector come loose on one also but that only affected single bulb.
Mike Fluharty03 Zanzibar, ISL370

On Jan 17, 2019, at 5:39 PM, prospectorgary@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

Greetings,

Open to suggestions.

Thanks,

Gary
96 Serengetti

'
Robert Lewis

Post by Robert Lewis »

' Gary, I would second what Mel pointed out. I had the same issue, the switch was off and fixtures had alsofailed. I would check for 12v at the light with a meter and toggle the switch. If no voltage, check both sides of the switch on the wall panel. Mine is labeled INT and is at the door entrance.
Robert and Bev Lewis2000 Continental3126B Cat, 330hpMD3060 Allison
On January 18, 2019 10:07:49 AM "stuplich@... [Safarifriends]" wrote:  
GaryAre you sure that the switch labeled INT, (in the bank of 3 switches in the lower right of this picture), is in the ON position?ImageMel'96 Sahara

---In Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com, wrote :

Greetings,
I have a 96 Serengetti (bought new) that has developed an unusual problem.  It's been parked alongside our house for a couple months.  Started to prepare for a trip and discovered both ceiling  fluorescent lights 12V in the sofa area wouldn't work. 

Working when we got home and several times when we went into it at night.

Open to suggestions.

Thanks,
Gary
96 Serengetti

'