Re: Black tank size

Staging area for content imported from the old Yahoo group. This forum is LOCKED. Moderators may edit content and relocate to other forums as appropriate.
bowhunter0608

Black tank size

Post by bowhunter0608 »

'
It appears I have a towards the top of my black tank. Found a little seepage a week back. Before I pull it I would like to have a new one ready, hoping someone will know how many gallons it is plus dimensions. Tried calling camping world and and another rv place is junction city Oregon, no one could even tell me how many gallons it is so I can get a portable tank to empty it.

Jerry
99' Continental Panther 425
CAT C12'
wolfe102001

Post by wolfe102001 »

'Jerry,
Unless you are full-timing and can't be without the tank for a short time, I would pull it and see if it can be repaired.
Don't know what part of the country you are in, but suspect there will be someone who repairs tanks.
Here is on in Houston, TX who both repair and build tanks for a living: Plastic tank repair: Fabriplast 832-649-7622. 11020 Katy Freeway Ste. 209, Houston, TX '
Gerald Emert

Post by Gerald Emert »

' Thank you but I think this was meant for someone else unless this is in response to an issue I had last July when I hit a rock with my sewer connection.  I rebuilt the outlet pipe and both valves with no damage to either black or grey tank.  I'm pretty forgetful but no issues with black tank.  Thanks again. Jerry From: Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com on behalf of bawolfe10@... [Safarifriends]
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2019 08:49
To: Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Safarifriends] Re: Black tank size

Jerry,
Unless you are full-timing and can't be without the tank for a short time, I would pull it and see if it can be repaired.
Don't know what part of the country you are in, but suspect there will be someone who repairs tanks.
Here is on in Houston, TX who both repair and build tanks for a living: Plastic tank repair: Fabriplast 832-649-7622. 11020 Katy Freeway Ste. 209, Houston, TX
'
mel96safari

Post by mel96safari »

'Good advice.
A number of years ago the body shop at my local Chrysler dealer successfully repaired my fresh water tank using a plastic welder.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvV9a3lEe2gMel'96 Sahara

---In Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com, wrote :

Jerry,
Here is on in Houston, TX who both repair and build tanks for a living: Plastic tank repair: Fabriplast 832-649-7622. 11020 Katy Freeway Ste. 209, Houston, TX '
TD

Post by TD »

'A few years ago, the the drain pipe between the black water tank and the gate valve froze and cracked. The way the tanks were set up, it would have been a total expensive nightmare to replace that pipe. Fortunately I came across a product called Plasti-Mend and I was able to have the pipe repaired. It was very messing to work with, but it worked very well, and saved me a bundle of money and stress.
The site states that it does not work on all plastics, and the tank was a different plastic that the black pipe, so you will need to call them or check their site to see if it will work, or if they have another compatible product.
http://www.plasti-mend.com/

http://www.plasti-mend.com/cart/index.php?route=product/category&path=59

John
'95 Safari Serengeti 38ft, 300 Cummins 8.3CTA, Allison
6spd.

On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 12:09 PM stuplich@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

Good advice.
A number of years ago the body shop at my local Chrysler dealer successfully repaired my fresh water tank using a plastic welder.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvV9a3lEe2gMel'96 Sahara

---In Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com, wrote :

Jerry,
Here is on in Houston, TX who both repair and build tanks for a living: Plastic tank repair: Fabriplast 832-649-7622. 11020 Katy Freeway Ste. 209, Houston, TX
'
bowhunter0608

Post by bowhunter0608 »

'Looking like i may need to try and have the tank repaired. Can not find a replacement anywhere. Mine appears to be a 35 gallon tank, measurements 42x16x12 bottom drain. I have a couple emails out, but not looking good to find a replacement.
Jerry99' Continental Panther 425Cat C12'
Gary Smith

Post by Gary Smith »

'Jerry,I would be surprised if your tank is that small.  Both the black and gray tanks on my 30' Sahara are 55 gallons.  The fresh water is 100 gallons.  The black and grey, combined, should equal or exceed the capacity of your fresh water tank.  I have no specs on your coach, so do not know any of your tank sizes.
Gary'98 Sahara 3006 300CAT
On Sun, Feb 24, 2019 at 10:34 PM bowhunter0608@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

Looking like i may need to try and have the tank repaired. Can not find a replacement anywhere. Mine appears to be a 35 gallon tank, measurements 42x16x12 bottom drain. I have a couple emails out, but not looking good to find a replacement.
Jerry99' Continental Panther 425Cat C12
--
Gary Smith
ImageImage '
Gary Smith

Post by Gary Smith »

'Contact the REV service center (former Monaco, former Safari) in Oregon.  The tank manufacturer is in the same area, and the service center should know who they are.  The tank maker will not sell to you directly, only through a dealer, but they probably know what tank you have and can provide an exact replacement.  Expect it to be pricey.  Ask them for name of a dealer in your area.
On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 9:28 AM Gary Smith wrote:
Jerry,I would be surprised if your tank is that small.  Both the black and gray tanks on my 30' Sahara are 55 gallons.  The fresh water is 100 gallons.  The black and grey, combined, should equal or exceed the capacity of your fresh water tank.  I have no specs on your coach, so do not know any of your tank sizes.
Gary'98 Sahara 3006 300CAT

On Sun, Feb 24, 2019 at 10:34 PM bowhunter0608@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

Looking like i may need to try and have the tank repaired. Can not find a replacement anywhere. Mine appears to be a 35 gallon tank, measurements 42x16x12 bottom drain. I have a couple emails out, but not looking good to find a replacement.
Jerry99' Continental Panther 425Cat C12
--
Gary Smith
ImageImage

--
Gary Smith
ImageImage '
bowhunter0608

Post by bowhunter0608 »

'Gary,

8 thought it would be larger as well, but the measurements gave me 35 gallons. The fresh water is larger. I am thinking this was designed to be parked more in rv parks more then moving.

Jerry
99' Continental Panther 425
Cat C12'