Re: Small air compressor

Staging area for content imported from the old Yahoo group. This forum is LOCKED. Moderators may edit content and relocate to other forums as appropriate.
maxumum01

Small air compressor

Post by maxumum01 »

'Attachments :
  1. [url=file:///D:\---.safarimotorhomes\Attachments\SafarifriendsDatabase\Attachments\SafarifriendsDatabase\Attachments\Safarifriends\image3-41486.jpeg]image3-41486.jpeg[/url]
  1. [url=file:///D:\---.safarimotorhomes\Attachments\SafarifriendsDatabase\Attachments\SafarifriendsDatabase\Attachments\Safarifriends\image2-41486.jpeg]image2-41486.jpeg[/url]
I see an air compressor mounted in front near the generator that has a yellow coiled hose with coupler tied to the gen. What is this for? Can it be used for tire inflation? If so, how do I switch it on? Photos attached.

Charley
1999 Safari Serengeti 39’ w/slide
3126 CAT 330 HP

'
maxumum01

Post by maxumum01 »

'Does anyone have any thoughts or guidance on this compressor?  I believe the only air device is my horn.  Can this be used for tire inflation?  How do I turn it on?'
W Taylor Hudson

Post by W Taylor Hudson »

'I do not recognize it.  Please include a signature block with the year, model, and engine in your coach so those with similar or identical coaches or knowledge may respond. v/r,
Taylor Hudson‘98 Serengeti (model 4060), CAT 3126
On Thu, May 9, 2019 at 6:07 PM maxumum01@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

Does anyone have any thoughts or guidance on this compressor?  I believe the only air device is my horn.  Can this be used for tire inflation?  How do I turn it on?
'
nanandpete@q.com

Post by nanandpete@q.com »

' The compressor  operates the air horn , the Pac Brake , and the step cover if you have them. It should come on automatically when you start the vehicle and go off automatically by its self as it has a pressure switch. One hose should go directly to the Pac Brake and a 1/4" plastic tube towards the front. Up front on the drivers side there should be a small reservoir.  It maybe could be used to inflate tires, but require some fancy plumbing. If you can prove power is reaching the compressor and it won't start, probably time for a new one. Try Amazon.  Pete, '99 sahara, 30'
To: "Safarifriends"
Sent: Thursday, May 9, 2019 3:02:55 PM
Subject: [Safarifriends] Re: Small air compressor

Does anyone have any thoughts or guidance on this compressor?  I believe the only air device is my horn.  Can this be used for tire inflation?  How do I turn it on?

'
mel96safari

Post by mel96safari »

'