Re: Refrigerator check light

Staging area for content imported from the old Yahoo group. This forum is LOCKED. Moderators may edit content and relocate to other forums as appropriate.
f6d6b1a70c7d71aca7e088aba6515c97

Refrigerator check light

Post by f6d6b1a70c7d71aca7e088aba6515c97 »

'Hi
I'm using my RV for the first time this season (yipeee!). Problem is that fridge check light does not come off when I open the gas. Question: do I open the good valve? There are two and I opened the top right (I think there is a sticker under it that reads Vapor). I also tested the stove but without success. Problem is I always had problems with this stove and I'm not sure I can conclude with certainty that gas is not open because of that.
thanks for your help
Patrick
Safari Sahara 96'
robertfury@gmail.com

Post by robertfury@gmail.com »

'I don’t exactly know how your system works, but I’ve had a similar problem in the past. If you shut off 12 volt power to fridge (fuse panel) turn the gas off, wait a minute, put fuse back in, SLOWLY turn gas back on, take a minute to fully turn valve, sometimes this purges the air. But since your stove won’t work either, it sounds like you might have a different problem. Sometimes turning on all your burners and running them will do the same. I think you need to verify if you either have had, and if so, if the gas is reaching the appliances first. Turn a flex connector a turn, see if gas comes out. In my coach that can be accomplished under corner cabinet.'
Gary Smith

Post by Gary Smith »

'Patrick,The vapor valve serves you hot water heater, furnace, refrigerator, and cooktop.  The liquid (lower) valve serves the generator.  Have you looked at the gauge that is on the tank to see that you actually have propane?  The gauge is mounted in the middle of the end of the tank with the two valves.  If the tank is empty, you obviously will not be able to use it, but the propane could have leaked out over the time since you last used it.  Be aware that the valves need to be either fully closed or fully open to seal the valve.  If not either fully open or closed, you will have a slow leak at the valve that can empty the tank in a matter of weeks.  .

Gary'98 Sahara 30006 300CAT
'
babygreatlakes

Post by babygreatlakes »

'You may have the gas valve in the back of the ridge turned off. Pull the exterior cover for your fridge and you'll see a small red T valve handle about 2/3 the way up. I got my coach back after service and the gas side wouldn't come on. I tore my hair out till I found the shop had turned the gas off at the back of the ridge.
95 Serengeti 38' SMC Magnum mid entry.
Allison 6 speed
Cumins 8.3C
Marc in Renton WA
'
technolog1

Post by technolog1 »

'I found out when turning on the valve at tank you have to turn on very slow at first. If not it does something to valve and does not work.  Just my 2 cents.Craig. 93 cont. 8.3. 6sp

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: "robertfury@... [Safarifriends]" Date: 8/3/19 6:16 PM (GMT-06:00) To: Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com Subject: [Safarifriends] Re: Refrigerator check light

I don’t exactly know how your system works, but I’ve had a similar problem in the past. If you shut off 12 volt power to fridge (fuse panel) turn the gas off, wait a minute, put fuse back in, SLOWLY turn gas back on, take a minute to fully turn valve, sometimes this purges the air. But since your stove won’t work either, it sounds like you might have a different problem. Sometimes turning on all your burners and running them will do the same. I think you need to verify if you either have had, and if so, if the gas is reaching the appliances first. Turn a flex connector a turn, see if gas comes out. In my coach that can be accomplished under corner cabinet. '
mel96safari

Post by mel96safari »

'PatrickFirst get your propane cook top working.Then allow it to burn for a few minutes, (which will bled air out of the LP lines), before switching your refrigerator from A/C to gas.Mel'96 Sahara

---In Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com, wrote :

Hi
I'm using my RV for the first time this season (yipeee!). Problem is that fridge check light does not come off when I open the gas. Question: do I open the good valve? There are two and I opened the top right (I think there is a sticker under it that reads Vapor). I also tested the stove but without success. Problem is I always had problems with this stove and I'm not sure I can conclude with certainty that gas is not open because of that.
thanks for your help
Patrick
Safari Sahara 96'
f6d6b1a70c7d71aca7e088aba6515c97

Post by f6d6b1a70c7d71aca7e088aba6515c97 »

'Thanks to all of you Robert, Gary, Marc, Craig and Mel ! I slowly opened the propane valve, I succeeded in opening the stove, I have also hot water now but the check light of the fridge is still there. I opened the outside door of the fridge but don't see anything like a T valve. I tried to join a picture but don't see how with my phone.
Thanks again for your help
Patrick
Sahara 96'
Robert Lewis

Post by Robert Lewis »

'Attachments : Patrick
My fridge failed in a similar way and it was the factory recall add-on board. John helped me verify the problem by bypassing the board with a jumper on the board input. I cannot run the fridge this way because there is no thermal feed back for the exhaust stack and posses a serious fire risk, but you can verify and see if this is the problem.
 I've attached a picture but I'm not sure if it will get through the mail system.
Robert and Bev Lewis2000 Safari Continental, since 20173126B Cat, 330hpMD3060 Allison
https://safaritoonces.org
On August 4, 2019 6:18:47 PM "agin.patrick@... [Safarifriends]" wrote:  
Thanks to all of you Robert, Gary, Marc, Craig and Mel ! I slowly opened the propane valve, I succeeded in opening the stove, I have also hot water now but the check light of the fridge is still there. I opened the outside door of the fridge but don't see anything like a T valve. I tried to join a picture but don't see how with my phone.
Patrick
Sahara 96

'
James Exler

Post by James Exler »

'

Robert,

To put it mildly, "Norcold has had their way with you".

A picture would have saved a lot of time. This is a Norcold recall fix that DOES NOT WORK for very long after it is installed and is non repairable.

Around here the dealers will not touch it because Norcold won't pay much and won't stand behind it.

Now, the good news. I had the same recall done on my Norcold 1210 in my Journey. After it died, I put it back to original and ran one trip that way with no problem. I then devised an alternate control.

Interested?

Jim Exler, Nampa, ID

On 8/4/2019 7:52 PM, Robert Lewis robert.lewis.tl@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

Patrick

My fridge failed in a similar way and it was the factory recall add-on board. John helped me verify the problem by bypassing the board with a jumper on the board input. I cannot run the fridge this way because there is no thermal feed back for
the exhaust stack and posses a serious fire risk, but you can verify and see if this is the problem.

I've attached a picture but I'm not sure if it will get through the mail system.

Robert and Bev Lewis
2000 Safari Continental, since 2017
3126B Cat, 330hp
MD3060 Allison

https://safaritoonces.org

On August 4, 2019 6:18:47 PM agin.patrick@...[Safarifriends] Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Thanks to all of you Robert, Gary, Marc, Craig and Mel ! I slowly opened the propane valve, I succeeded in opening the stove, I have also hot water now but the check light of the fridge is still there. I opened the outside door of the fridge but don't see
anything like a T valve. I tried to join a picture but don't see how with my phone.
Patrick
Sahara 96

Virus-free.
www.avg.com

'
W Taylor Hudson

Post by W Taylor Hudson »

'Attachments :John, Attached is a picture of the back of my Norcold 1200 to indicate the gas valve.  I am in the middle of installing an ARP protection system and 8 addition fans to hopefully improve performance.  If I was starting this project again I would have gone the residential refrigerator route.  There are “counterdepth” models that will fit the opening of a 1200 series Norcold. [img]cid:16c625cd5f71d59b7601[/img]The gas valve (with supply line removed) is in the lower right quadrant of the photo shown in the closed position. v/r,
Taylor Hudson‘98 Safari Serengeti (4060), CAT 3126acquired 2018
On Sun, Aug 4, 2019 at 9:18 PM agin.patrick@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

Thanks to all of you Robert, Gary, Marc, Craig and Mel ! I slowly opened the propane valve, I succeeded in opening the stove, I have also hot water now but the check light of the fridge is still there. I opened the outside door of the fridge but don't see anything like a T valve. I tried to join a picture but don't see how with my phone.
Patrick
Sahara 96
'