Re: Electrical system,

Staging area for content imported from the old Yahoo group. This forum is LOCKED. Moderators may edit content and relocate to other forums as appropriate.
ondaflore

Post by ondaflore »

'All, et al,

I started to post the picture of a  wild goose...   a wild goose running, no,a wild goose being chased,  but decided to not waste the bandwidth.  When someone asks for help, it sounds like there is a need to specifically ask them "what work was done before the the problem arose?  What was removed, replaced, bypassed, cleaned, oiled, painted, submerged, stolen, fondled, carpeted, wallpapered, fried, sauteed, fricasseed, title pawned, glued, degreased, loaned and not returned, dry rotted, waterlogged,do you have the washer/dryer option, Koni shocks, Bluetooth commode, etc" before attempting to offer troubleshooting advice.  Ambiguous, semi coherent questions that obviously have not been proofread for clarity should be a red flag that there is a deep, deep rabbit hole lurking ahead.
Or is it just me?
Bob2001 Zanzibar330 CAT 3126BEverything still works, despite recently replacing the front air conditioner.Coffee DrinkerHuntsville, AL
'
TD

Post by TD »

'Bob,

Sounds like that wild goose drank some of your coffee, or is it Irish coffee?

How did you make out with your hydroboost issues?

John
'95 Serengeti Cummins 8.3L

On 8/23/19, ondaflore@... [Safarifriends]
wrote:
> All, et al,
>
>
>
> I started to post the picture of a wild goose... a wild goose running,
> no,a wild goose being chased, but decided to not waste the bandwidth. When
> someone asks for help, it sounds like there is a need to specifically ask
> them "what work was done before the the problem arose? What was removed,
> replaced, bypassed, cleaned, oiled, painted, submerged, stolen, fondled,
> carpeted, wallpapered, fried, sauteed, fricasseed, title pawned, glued,
> degreased, loaned and not returned, dry rotted, waterlogged,do you have the
> washer/dryer option, Koni shocks, Bluetooth commode, etc" before attempting
> to offer troubleshooting advice. Ambiguous, semi coherent questions that
> obviously have not been proofread for clarity should be a red flag that
> there is a deep, deep rabbit hole lurking ahead.
>
>
> Or is it just me?
>
>
> Bob
> 2001 Zanzibar
> 330 CAT 3126B
> Everything still works, despite recently replacing the front air
> conditioner.
> Coffee Drinker
> Huntsville, AL
>
>
'
Robert Lewis

Post by Robert Lewis »

' LOL... good one Bob!
Robert and Bev Lewis2000 Safari Continental, since 20173126B Cat, 330hpMD3060 Allison
https://safaritoonces.org
On August 23, 2019 7:02:09 AM "ondaflore@... [Safarifriends]" wrote:  
All, et al,

I started to post the picture of a  wild goose...   a wild goose running, no,a wild goose being chased,  but decided to not waste the bandwidth.  When someone asks for help, it sounds like there is a need to specifically ask them "what work was done before the the problem arose?  What was removed, replaced, bypassed, cleaned, oiled, painted, submerged, stolen, fondled, carpeted, wallpapered, fried, sauteed, fricasseed, title pawned, glued, degreased, loaned and not returned, dry rotted, waterlogged,do you have the washer/dryer option, Koni shocks, Bluetooth commode, etc" before attempting to offer troubleshooting advice.  Ambiguous, semi coherent questions that obviously have not been proofread for clarity should be a red flag that there is a deep, deep rabbit hole lurking ahead.
Or is it just me?
Bob2001 Zanzibar330 CAT 3126BEverything still works, despite recently replacing the front air conditioner.Coffee DrinkerHuntsville, AL

'
Bilmac36

Post by Bilmac36 »

'John, Bob, Leon, John hit the nail on the head.Bob good analysis of noting it’s the little things that can make all the difference. Leon, this is a great group & your experience will now be able to help others. And the lessons learned and noted by John are frustrating lessons of helping our fella man but often doing so with limited info. In a ‘lifetime’ of being a troubleshooter at sea and at shore it wasn’t uncommon for the last item to be replaced or worked on to have been the culprit in future failures. And the cost of repair did not always correlate to significance of quality assistance.When troubleshooting and or calling for tech support providing as big a picture as possible is immensely helpful. Communicating is often frustrating when we our frustrated. So taking a step back and making some notes and trying to figure out ‘from the beginning’ is vital.My hats off to all who take the time to help others with their issues. Y’all keep up the effort, great work, and have a toast of your favorite beverage knowing you make a difference.R/Willie, Connie is ‘95 Continental, 8.3L, Ally 6spd 

Sent from my iPhone
On Aug 24, 2019, at 12:52 AM, Robert Lewis robert.lewis.tl@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

LOL... good one Bob!
Robert and Bev Lewis2000 Safari Continental, since 20173126B Cat, 330hpMD3060 Allison
https://safaritoonces.org

On August 23, 2019 7:02:09 AM "ondaflore@... [Safarifriends]" wrote:  
All, et al,

Or is it just me?

'
r/Willie
'95 Safari Continental, Cummins 8.3L, Allison MD3060